January 29 ,2016
Upcoming Dates @ W.T.
Counselors Week Feb 1- 5 / We love Ms. Shoulders
- Monday-Feb 1st
- Super Attendance Spirit Week -Kick Off (students receive attendance stickers)
- Staff Meeting -All must attend
- Tuesday - Feb 2nd
- Marsha out
- Wear tacky tights or socks -spirit week
- Wednesday - Feb 3rd
- Office Meeting 10am
- ELA CBA 3-5th
- Wear Super Hero T-shirt -Spirit Week
- Thursday-Feb 4th
- Dr. Brown Visit -Announce T.O.Y.
- Sonic Day
- Science Club 3:45pm
- Wear a cape to school -Spirit Week
- Friday - Feb 5th
- Art/PLC Day
- Shoulders out
- Wear Hats and Sunglasses -Spirit Week
- 2pm PTA Board Meeting
- Monday-Feb 8th
- PTA Meeting and 2nd grade program @6pm (Chick Fil A @5:30)
- Counselor's Week- Staff Meeting TELPAS training classroom teachers 3:45-4:45
- Tuesday-Feb 9th
- BISD Spelling Bee
- 4th Grade to Haltom HS for Opera
- Wednesday Feb 10th
- 5th grade Mock Reading
- Shoulders out AM
- Thursday- Feb 11th
- Newland out -AM
- Science Club 3:45
- Meet the Teacher - Laura Mackey
- Friday -Feb 12th
- Progress Reports Due
- 6-8pm Valentines Dance
- Cup Stacking Tournament @1pm
- Valentines Class Parties @2
February 20th Ashley Wolfe
February 25th Becky Jones
If you have any of you have any Tier 1 Watch kids that could benefit on Wednesday to stay after school until 3:45pm to do Razz Kids in the computer lab please send those names to Mrs. Newland. Contact parents so we have an accurate count. This can begin as soon as Wednesday Feb. 3rd.
If I don't hear from you on needing Wiseman or Watts on Wednesday afternoon for your grade level I will assign them. Please let me know today:)
ART DAY Switch-
- Feb. 5th Norma Jackson will be here for Art Day. For the remainder of the year 5th grade has offered to switch times with 4th grade so 4th is able to have a full two 50 minute block to plan with coaches!!!!! Way to be flexible 5th grade!
ELA CBA - Feb. 3rd
- 3rd - 5th grades only
- You may pick up your tests and bubble sheets from Newland the morning of.
- If you have students with 504 accommodations, you will be giving those accommodations on your own in class. Interventionists will not be used for small group testing.
Supplemental Aids for Testing (grades 3-5)-
- If you have 504 students currently using supplemental aids in the classroom, please turn in copies to Amy to get approved for STAAR as soon as possible.
Science Club starts Thursday!
- February 4, 11, 18, 25 and March 3, 10
- Times: 3:45-4:30
Awesome Things Around W.T.
Battle of the Books Competition
Way to represent W.T. Battle of the Books Team!
Spotlight on some great station organization!
Thank you for your 39 years Mrs. Farr!