The Eagle Flyer
September 20, 2021
A Message from Mrs. Fantaskey
We are excited to host our Back to School Picnic on Tuesday, September 21st starting at 5:30 PM. The blacktop and fields around the school will be open for students and families to enjoy. Bring your own picnic dinner, drinks, lawn games and chairs for a night of catching up with old friends and meeting new ones. Bring your own dinner or new this year, we will have Big Guy's Hot Dog Truck serving hot dogs, kielbasa, hamburgers, nachos and drinks. A portion of all sales will be donated to the Doyle HSA. Sloby Ice Cream Truck will also be onsite for dessert at 6 PM. Cash or credit cards are accepted for both trucks.
Parking Options: Please see details below for parking.
1. Doyle Parking Lot
2. Major Neis Softball Field Parking Lot (walk the path to Doyle)
3. Lenape Middle School (walk the path to Doyle)
Please DO NOT park in the neighborhood of WESTWYK.
We look forward to seeing our Doyle community at the Back to School Picnic!
Mark Your Calendar!
Tuesday, September 21, 2021
- Back to School Picnic (5:30 PM - 7:30 PM)
Friday, September 24, 2021
- TEAM Doyle Spirit Day - Wear your T-Shirts!
- Benergy1 Presentation for Students
Tuesday, September 28, 2021
- Home and School General Meeting (6PM)
- Dining For Doyle at Jules Pizza (4:00 - 8:30 PM)
Wednesday, October 6, 2021
- 5th Grade Field Trip to Peace Valley
Friday, October 8, 2021
- Picture Day
Friday, October 29, 2021
- Early Dismissal at 11:55 AM (all students)
- Halloween Parade
CBSD Band & Strings Information
Scrabble Club Has Begun
Wing Tip Winners
Engaging Our Readers!
Discovering Cave Art in 6th Grade
Crushing Stigma Program
Crushing Stigma – Building Mental Strength for Life
The Central Bucks School District and NAMI Bucks County PA are pleased to partner together to offer this program to our community. The event is open to students, adults, and families, and free childcare will be provided for all or a portion of the event as needed. Register for event updates and childcare at www.CBSD.org/crushingstigma_register.
Video link to embed: https://vimeo.com/601233183
The Central Bucks School District will be changing the way in which absences are reported, beginning with the start of this upcoming school year on August 30, 2021. The following items are some key points to be aware of.
- Parents and guardians will be able to submit absence requests via the Parent Portal. Parents can request a full day absence, early dismissal, or late arrival.
- Absence requests will be reviewed by School Attendance Staff and approved or denied.
- Requests made using the Parent Portal will also serve as the excuse for the absence. Parents will not be required to submit an excuse either electronic or written.
- Parents and guardians can also still call the school to report an absence, but emails will no longer be accepted.
In addition, when a student is absent from school, but the school did not receive communication from the parent or guardian, the following communication will be sent:
- A text message will be sent midmorning notifying the parent or guardian of the absence
- An email will also be sent at the end of the school day reminding the parent or guardian that the student was marked absent.
Information regarding how to use the Parent Portal to report an absence can be found here.
Dining For Doyle
"Save the Date for our first Dining for Doyle of the school year. Grab takeout or dine in at either Jules Pizza or LoveBird on Tuesday, September 28th anytime after 4:00 PM and then come to the Home & School Association (HSA) General Meeting.
Dining for Doyle is one of the many programs run by the HSA to have families connect outside of school and is an important fundraising tool. A portion of all sales are donated directly to the Doyle HSA."
There’s Always Something Going on at Doyle!
Doyle Home and School sponsored events provide even more opportunities for fun and academic development. Parents and Guardians can stay on top of all special events and activities and jump right into all the fun by following us on social media!
Follow us on Facebook (Private Group: Doyle Elementary Parents), not a fan of FB, we're also on Instagram (PARENTS_OF_DOYLE_ES_CBSD) and Twitter (@ParentsofDoyle)!
Doyle Home & School - Dollars for Doyle
2021-2022 REQUIRED HEALTH EXAMS
The State of Pennsylvania requires students in certain grades to have health exams.
- Students entering Kindergarten & all students new to the district - Dental and Physical Exam
- Students entering Grades 3 & 7--Dental Exam
- Dental Examination Form
- Students entering Grade 6 & 11-- Physical Exam
- Medical Examination Form
The exams must be completed after 9/1/2020. The completed health forms are due to the health office no later than October 15, 2021. You can upload your completed exam forms to your child’s parent portal. Please keep a copy of the health form for your records.
A Medication dispensing form is required for ANY medication taken at school. You can find the form on Doyle’s Health Office Page under FORMS.
MEDICAL CONDITIONS AND ACTION PLANS
If your child has any health conditions such as food allergies, asthma, migraine headaches, seizure disorder or cardiac condition that requires emergency medication at school, please get an action plan and doctors order from your physician and send in PRIOR to the first day of school.
Resources & Quick Links for Families
Doyle Elementary School Information
Doyle is an "A" School
- Arrival begins at 8:15 AM
- Student Day Begins at 8:35 AM
- Student Day Ends at 3:15 PM
- Dismissal Ends at 3:35 PM
- For early dismissal days- dismissal begins at 11:55 AM
- For 2 hour delay days- arrival begins at 10:15 and the student day begins at 10:35
- Morning Kindergarten begins at 8:35 AM (arrival begins at 8:15 AM) and ends at 11:10 AM
- Afternoon Kindergarten begins at 12:40 PM and ends at 3:15 PM
- A few years ago, we implemented a “modified kindergarten” schedule on weather delay days. The schedule will be as follows for Doyle:
- AM Students 10:35 AM – 12:20 PM and PM Students 1:30 PM – 3:15 PM
Cub Scout Pack 24 is welcoming boys and girls from kindergarten through 5th grade from Doyle Elementary and surrounding regions and schools. We accept kids year round but now is the best time to sign up!
We plan to have our First Pack Meeting of the year on Friday, October 1 and launch some model rockets that the kids build themselves. Sign up at https://forms.gle/eDoccWN36vRScBBm6 so that we can send you more details!
If you want to learn more check out our website
Hope to see yall soon!