5th Grade Newsletter
January 19, 2016
5th Grade Happenings
In the Science Lab
The Reading Corner
This week in reading/language arts, we will focus on how dialogue can be used to understand character and setting. We will also study primary sources, as well as the technique of interview to obtain new information. In spelling, we'll be learning words with -ance and -ence endings.
Blast from the Past
This week in Social Studies we will continue our lesson on Industry vs. Agriculture.
- Read, Read, Read
- Practice Multiplication Facts
- Math notes and vocabulary words are posted on Miss Finley's website
- Apply concepts to everyday activities
- Spelling words and Reading Comprehension Thinking Stems are located on Ms. Cooper's website
- Khan Academy videos and practice
- Clay Piggy