Moreau Heights Elementary
Moreau Heights is a collaborative community focused on student growth with a commitment to excellence.
PBS lesson - Review of Expectations
The PBS lessons for next week will focus on a review of our Zones of Regulation. The materials needed will be provided to teachers in mailboxes. This will build on the Zones work done last semester - so referring back to your Zones posters will be helpful.
Our Second Steps lessons this week will focus Managing Emotions. The first week is about "Feelings in My Body".
Kindergarten will learn about how we feel feeling in our bodies.
1st grade will work on identifying their own feelings.
Grades 2-5 will introduce emotion management.
Are you using Charger Cash to reinforce PBS expectations and Second Step skills?
- We want to use positive reinforcement to draw attention to what we want to see more of
- How do you make sure you are putting the focus where you want it?
- Are you remembering to use all your tools? Specific feedback? Charger Cash?
"You are a giant, yellow highlighter. Highlight behavior you want more of, and help children become aware of the many kind and helpful things they do each day."
Want some ideas of how to respond when students show they need it? Check out the suggestions via this link!
Duties for the Week
Wanting Some Behavioral Support Ideas?
Calendar of Events
Monday, Jan. 8
*JR IEP meeting 8:30 (Day, Haugen, Treat)
Tuesday, Jan. 9
*New Crew at 7:00 in library
*Sue at literacy training 8 - 11 (Sue at BOE)
*Conscious Discipline Parent meeting 11:00
*Interagency mtg for MG (Haugen, Spear, James, Treat, Dunn)
Thursday, Jan. 11
*Elementary Principal mtg 8 - 12 (Sue at BOE)
Friday, Jan. 12
*PTO Fun"d" Day - details to come
*TK parent mtg 11:00 (Haugen, Spear, James, Fleming, Murray)
*MG parent mtg 1:15 (Haugen, Spear, James, Treat, Dunn)
*RZ staffing 2:00 (Kaiser, Haugen, Spear, James, Murray, Treat)
Monday, Jan. 15
No School - MLK, Jr. Birthday
Tuesday, Jan. 16
*Earthquake Drill 10:30
*Tier 2 team mtg 3:30
Wednesday, Jan. 17
*AR IEP 10:00
Thursday, Jan. 18
Friday, Jan. 19
*Staffing for EJ 8:25 (Farmer, James, Haugen, OT, Humphreys, PT, 5th grade)
Dismissal - where are you?
PBS team discussed concerns with managing dismissal to improve student safety and supervision. Here are the tweaks shared previously through email.
1. Make sure if you are gone someone is covering your area whether it’s a sub or switch with grade level teacher if possioble
2. Make sure you are waiting for announcements before dismissing students into the hallway. DO NOT send walkers, Y Care or car riders UNTIL WE CALL FOR THEM!
3. 4th & 5th grade will be upstairs in the gym for dismissal
4. Car riders go down WITH car rider line duty teacher.
5. Car rider area coverage
- Musselman or Roedel & Romney supervise grades 2-3
- Steinman supervises K-1
- Farmer & Fox supervises grades 4-5
6. Front door dismissal
- 1st & 3rd grade will line up at 3rd grade stop sign when bus # called
- Holtmeyer/Humphreys will walk bus students to meet the 2nd grade
- 2nd grade will be lined up at the stop sign across from Music
- Boyd will lead 2nd grade bus kids to the front office area, 1st and 3rd will follow 2nd supported by Holtmeyer/Humphreys
*the exception to this is bus 28, which dismisses in grade level bands. Kelli with lead 3rd grade to the front hallway. Michelle will lead grades 1 and 2 to front hallway. Grade level teachers will support.
Kelly's Coaching Corner
Look for ways to incorporate this strategy into your instruction to increase engagement. Remember that there are "ready to use" resources in a Kagan Resources file in your Google Drive.
iReady Diagnostic Testing
Important Information about i-Ready use:
The Diagnostic assessment will always take precedence over anything else. If a student has an instructional license, has a Standards Mastery assessment assigned to them, and it is also during the Diagnostic window, they will first be presented with the Diagnostic assessment, then the Standards Mastery assessment, and then will be able to resume lessons.
If a student is in progress on a Standards Mastery assessment (started it before break and needs to complete it when they return), the Diagnostic will interrupt that assessment. They won't be able to resume the Standards Mastery assessment until the Diagnostic is complete.