City of Baytown Emergency Warning Systems
1. Routine Operational Display should include a title screen followed by the time of day.
2. If the display goes blank, or indicates an error in network connectivity, please contact IT network staff.
1. Press both black buttons on the front of the beacon simultaneously to acknowledge receipt of the warning message, and to silence the audible signal.
2. Activation may occur for warning and precautionary statements regarding severe weather, area chemical release, or other situations.
3. When system is activated, the audible signal and flashing lights will be accompanied by a message in the display that announces the type of situation and protective action to be taken.
4. Flashing lights and text message will continue for the duration of the emergency situation (If additional information is sent, the audible signal will again be activated).
5. Consult your facility’s Emergency Plan for specific instructions regarding any given emergency or situation.
1. Weekly system tests are conducted each Wednesday about 9am.
2. An audible signal, along with flashing lights, will occur. The display will clearly indicate that a TEST is being conducted.
3. Press both black buttons on the front of the beacon simultaneously to acknowledge receipt of the TEST message, and to silence the audible signal.
4. Flashing lights and “test” message will continue for the duration of the test.