Lander Elementary Friday Folder
Friday, September 29, 2017
Another great week at Lander. September brought so many fun activities, we are looking forward to many more in the month of October! Don't forget the PTG meeting, this coming Wednesday, we meet the first Wednesday of the Month at 7:00pm in the Media Center.
Our Lander Spirit Wear shirts have arrived, thanks to our PTG, every student will receive a Lander shirt! 3rd grade students will get them on Friday and are asked to wear them to the field trip on Monday. All other grade levels will bring them home on Monday.
The next few weeks will be busy with several events:
- Gifted Screening - see the information below about our grade level gifted screening that continues this week.
- Head Room Party Sign Up - see these resources that explain our Lander classroom parties and sign up to assist. Please sign up now at SignUp Genius so you can be part of the planning.
- Our school Salad Bar is coming October 4th, help is needed from 11:00-1:00, please come help serve our students a healthy lunch! No rsvp required, just come when you can!
- Our Lander PTG Fall Festival and Hayride is coming! This is always a sold out events, so get your tickets early. You must be a PTG member to buy tickets.
Gifted Screening Information
The Mayfield City School District will be administering district wide testing this fall. There is no need to study for these assessments, however, attendance is very important, and we are asking for your support in making sure that your child is at school and encourage them to do their best.
A report of your child’s achievement will be sent home following the assessment. If you have any questions regarding our district assessments, please feel free to contact
Carrie Heath-Gifted Coordinator email@example.com (440)995-7486.
Grade 2: Measures of Academic Progress (MAP)
· Reading (week of 10/2-6)
Grade 5: MAP
· Reading (week of 10/2-6)
Our Friday Folder this week includes:
- Marcos School Challenge, Pizza Points Needed!
- Lander Night at Marcos Pizza Coupons, 10/5
- Lander Hayride and Fall Festival, 10/12
- NEOEA Game Day at MHS, 10/13
- Hurricane Victims Relief at Temple Israel Ner Tamid
- District Fall Family Festival, 10/7
- Healthy Mayfield: We Fit Together, 10/4, 5:30 pm
- Coats for Kids Drive, 10/2 - 12/8
- PTG Walk-a-thon 2017
- Holiday Room Parent Responsibility
- HB 410 - letter from Central Office explaining the new attendance policy
17-18 Lander Activity Schedule (list of activities through out the school year!)
Giant Eagle, Heinen's, and Amazon Smile Sign up
Our PTG is compiling a directory with contact information to send out with all families who join, if you would NOT like your information included, please complete this survey.
Also check the Community Flyers Tab on our website for more information regarding district and community offerings.
Head Room Parent and Party Volunteer Sign-up
Click here to sign up for the Halloween Room Parent. Sign up NOW to be involved in the parties. Planning meeting on Tuesday, 9/19, 7pm in the MPR.
Important Upcoming Dates:
October 2: Third Grade Field Trip to Holden Arboretum
October 4: Fourth Grade to the Innovation Center
October 4: Salad Bar, Volunteers Needed, 11:10 - 1:00
October 4: Healthy Mayfield - We Fit Together
October 4: PTG Meeting, 7 pm
October 12: Hayride Patterson's, 6:30 pm
October 13: No School, NEOEA Day
October 19: End of First Quarter
October 19: Fifth Grade Field Trip to Holden Arboretum
October 20: No Classes, Teacher Work Day
October 23: Picture Retake Day & Fifth Grade Panorama
October 25, Board of Education Meeting, 7 pm
October 27: Kindergarten Cuddle Up & Read, 8:15 am and Box Tops are due
October 31: Halloween Parties
On Going: Free Homework Help Monday - Thursday 3:30-5:30 at the Mayfield Regional Library