The Lion's Den: Lemira Elementary
Parent and Community Update: 8/30/21 - 9/3/21
Week of 8/30/21 - 9/3/21
9/6: Labor Day
9/13: Picture Day - Uniforms are still required
9/8 - 9/10: Fall MAP testing for grades 2nd - 5th
9/13 - 9/17: Fall MAP testing for grades Kind - 1st
9/16: Interim Reports
9/20: Virtual Open House
1. Fall Testing: MAP testing will be administered to grade levels Kind - 5th. MAP is an adaptive computerized program that targets the reading and math levels of students. The data is used to make informed decisions in order to create personalized learning plans for students.
- The MAP assessment is administered three times a year (Fall, Winter, and Spring)
- Teachers help students create goals and track their progress based on the data.
- Please encourage your learner to give his/her best on each assessment.
2. Virtual Open House: Lemira will host its virtual open house 9/20 at 6:30pm. During this time, you will be able to meet your learner's teacher and learn about the classroom's learning expectations for the year.
- To attend virtually, please click on the link to register.
- Link : https://forms.gle/Xd9CKHLnTpVK9Vjb9
3. Third Grade Parents: A Read to Succeed letter was sent home, through students' blue communication folder, in regards to the state's Read to Succeed guidelines for third graders across the state of SC. Please read carefully. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the school.
4. Upcoming Fall Parent University: Lemira will be hosting its Fall Parent University October 4, 2021. In order to create sessions that best meet the needs of our parents, we would love your feedback. Please click the link to provide feedback on topics you, as a parent, would like to learn more about.
5. Mask Update: The South Carolina Department of Education is enforcing the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) order requiring the use of face masks by students and staff on state owned and operated school buses. In compliance with this directive, effective Monday, August 30, 2021, Sumter School District will require face masks on all school buses. Our bus drivers will offer a face mask to any student who boards a school bus without a face mask.
As always, we thank you for your continued support of Lemira's initatives. But, most importantly, we thank you for your support of our students and their well being!
Yours in Education,
Mrs. Stephanie Gregg
Proud Principal of Lemira Elementary School
"Leading and Learning with Intention and Optimism while Nurturing Success, for we are the LIONS"