Kelsi & Haley
Ways to Conserve Energy
Personally in Day to Day Life
1. Turn down brightness on computer and phone screens. Since the battery won’t drain as fast you won’t have to charge your phone as often.
2. Unplug electronic chargers. When your electronic device isn’t charging the charger isn’t in the wall still using the electricity.
3. Turn off the lights when you aren’t using them. This will reduce the amount of energy being used by the light bulb.
4. Take shorter showers. This will reduce the amount of electricity used to heat up the water.5. Let your hair air dry. If you air dry your hair you will be saving the electricity a blowdryer would use.
As a Consumer
1. Buy used clothes. Companies will use less fossil fuels to make new clothes.
2. Don’t buy disposable water bottles. Instead have a reusable water bottle. Factories will stop using fossil fuels to make plastic water bottles because nobody is buying them.
3. Use reusable bags at the grocery store instead of using paper and plastic bags. By not using paper and plastic factories won’t have to make as many and won’t use as many fossil fuels.
4. When buying new appliances look for the most energy efficient appliance. These will use less energy to run the appliance.
5. Buy recycled materials. They are made from recycled materials and did not take any or very little fossil fuels to make.
In Your Home
1. Use low flow shower heads. This helps because if you have a low flow shower it will use a lot less water which means you won't have to use as much electricity because there is less water being heated.
2. Insulate windows and doors. Make sure to seal up windows, doors, and cracks. This will help save energy because you won’t have to have the heat or air conditioner on so much.
3. Use natural light during the day so you don’t have to use energy. Use natural lights through windows during the day so you don’t have to use so much energy just to light your house.
4. Open windows in the summer. If you open the windows in the summer it will cool your home and you won’t have to run the air conditioner which takes a lot of energy.
5. Use Compact Fluorescent light bulbs. These light bulbs use 75% less energy and they last longer.
"Education Efficiency Tips Top 10 Tips to Save Energy in Your Home." Top 10 Tips to Save Energy in Your Home. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Apr. 2015.
"100 Ways to Save Energy at Home." 100 Ways to Save Energy at Home. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Apr. 2015.
"20 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO CONSERVE ENERGY." 20 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO CONSERVE ENERGY. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Apr. 2015.
"Managing Your Energy Use." Managing Your Energy Use. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Apr. 2015.