Updates as of March 9th
M-STEP Questions and Answers
- Classroom activities and testing directions for the online test will arrive 2 weeks prior to the testing window.
Can students have breaks during testing?
- Students can have as many breaks as needed. Breaks under 20 minutes will not require a re-login. Breaks over 20 minutes will require re-login.
Will the Performance Task example indicate which kind of writing students will be asked to do on the M-STEP?
- Performance Task samples for grade levels are only examples. You could have any writing mode, not just what is shown in the example. Consider looking at another grade level’s example for a different writing mode.
Will the Spring 2015 Preview, Sample Items, and other training materials be available throughout the testing windows?
- Yes, there are no plans to turn off or remove these essential training materials.
When does the online testing begin?
- Grade 5: can administer tests on any instructional day April 13 – May 1, 2015.
- Grade 4: can administer tests on any instructional day April 27 – May 15, 2015.
- Grade 3: can administer tests on any instructional day May 18 – June 5, 2015.
M-STEP Mathematics Calculator Accommodation Clarification
Click link for student M-STEP slideshow with resources for practice and preparation.
Where else can I find M-STEP Resources?
- SR Intranet now has M-STEP links listed under "Student"
- Tech Coach Website:
- Search your Google Drive: "Shared With Me" (formerly "incoming") for my name to view resources I've shared
- For the most up to date M-STEP information please view http://www.michigan.gov/mde/0,1607,7-140-22709---,00.html, and follow MDE’s Spotlight Weekly Update and TRIG’s Weekly Update.