Instructional Coach Weekly Update
Week of May 23-27
Last week of Intervention and PM!
- Per Jon's weekly communication - all students will stay in interventions this week and be progress monitored through this week (regardless of their spring FAST score). All interventions and progress monitoring will end/be over the upcoming weekend. We want to keep routines in place for these students as long as possible. Getting an extra week or two in of intervention will not hurt.
- LAST DAY FOR INTERVENTIONS WILL BE THIS THURSDAY!
Turning in Walpole Kits
- Friday morning there's a staff meeting from 7:45-8:15. Everyone who has a Walpole kit needs to bring the materials/box and we will be going through the procedure of making sure each kit is complete before turning them in for the summer:
- All kits need to be returned in their original boxes (with the bar code)
- All kits need to be returned in the correct order (listed below)
- If you've added things to your kit (posters, I can statements, etc.) we will make sure you get your kit back next year. All additional materials can stay with your kit as long as the required materials are all there too.
- Order of kits:
- 1.Using Letter Sounds (one expandable file with 6 color word card sets, 6 white cards w/ sounding and blending boxes, and brown folder with directions and assessment)
- 2.Using Letter Patters (one expandable file with 6 color word card sets, 6 white picture card/word ending rsets, and blue folder with directions and assessment)
- 3.Blends and Digraphs (one expandable file with 6 color word phrases card sets, 6 color word card sets, purple folder with directions and assessment, and 1 binder with 6 different fluency passages - 6 copies of each passage in sheet protectors)
- 4.R Controlled (one expandable file with 6 color word card sets, 6 colored phrase card sets, yellow folder with directions and assessment, and 1 binder with 12 different fluency passages - 6 copies of each passage in sheet protectors)
- 5.Vowel Consonant -e (one expandable file with 6 color word card sets, 6 colored phrase card sets, 6 white picture cards, green folder with directions and assessment, and 1 binder 6 different fluency passages - 6 copies of each passage)
- 6.Vowel Teams (one expandable file with 6 color word card sets, 6 long skinny color vowel team card sets, red folder with directions and assessment, and 1 binder with 17 different fluency passages - 6 copies of each passage)
- 7.Multisyllabic (orange folder with orange spiral bound book w/ lessons and an orange stapled packet of assessment materials, 6 blue card sets, and 1 binder with 18 different fluency passages - 6 copies of each passage, one page of fluency practice single words only - 6 copies of each passage)
Teachers that have kits checked out under their name:
- Josh Meggitt
- Megan Watts
- Many teachers had to share a kit with another teacher, make sure to get all kit pieces back from other teachers BEFORE Friday- this will keep Friday's meeting as short as possible.
- If at all possible do NOT put the binders inside the expandable files - the files are breaking. Just put the binder immediately behind the matching expandable file.
- If you are missing rings and/or sheet protectors on any of your materials please come and get new ones from me BEFORE Friday.
- If you know you are missing materials start a list and bring it with your kit on Friday.
- Have all word card sets and phrase card sets turned back to "Day 1" (you could have a responsible student help with this)
- Assessing all 20 third graders who are going to summer school to determine best fit for summer school intervention groups
- Working with summer school teachers to have conversations about curriculum and schedules
- Tuesday and Thursday I will be at the primary all day working on the CPU Reading Strategy Bank (with Barbara) and working through ELA planning at the primary grades with Barbara and Jessica Q.
- Meeting with Melissa Grennan to discuss ST/Super Flex for next school year
- Helping with 5th grade PBIS videos when possible
- Meeting with Heather and Jon