The SPIRIT of SKS
Saint Kateri School's Newsletter ~ June 25, 2021
Happy Summer Vacation
Saint Kateri School families!
We have wrapped up the 2020-2021 school year! What an accomplishment! Our end of the year was filled with many celebrations of our students and many were in-person ~ and for that we were very blessed.
Last week we had our Kindergarten Celebration and our Preschool Three and Preschool Four Moving-Up Celebrations. It was exciting to see the many families attending to celebrate with us all they have learned and accomplished during this year! They did a great job with their songs and poems and we congratulate them on a job well done. Thank you to all the Teachers and Assistants that worked so hard to keep our preschoolers safe while they were learning and playing in the classroom.
Congratulations to our 5th graders who are now moving up into Middle School! I am tremendously proud of all of them. Along with the 5th grade students we have a few families that are moving to alumni status as well: Csaba and Wendy Budi, Steve and Jennifer Fullone, Alexander and Meroslava Levchuk, Michael and Tia Lum, Natal and Carrie Pellegrino, Zenovia D'Arienzo (Singletary) and Mark and Magda Wnuk. Thank you for your support and know you will always be a part of the SKS family! Godspeed as you journey forward ~
As we look forward to the 2021-2022 school year ~ the link to the school survey will be open until June 30th. If you have not completed the school survey, please follow the link below! Thank you!
It is not too early to think about uniforms for next year! You will find in the newsletter an information sheet and price list for Stitchworks. They are following COVID guidelines with social distancing and limiting the number of people in the store. Appointments are needed! If you purchase online there is a coupon available. We will also be having a...
USED UNIFORM SALE!
Tuesday, June 29th at 9:00am through July 2nd at 12:00pm
We will have any used uniforms that have been sent in, for sale in our Main Office foyer. This is a great time to stock up on gently used uniforms for your child for next year. First come, first served basis!
Refer a friend or family member to SKS and you both will win!
Family Ambassador Program: The Diocese of Rochester is also continuing to provide up to $500 in tuition credit for families referring new families! Please follow the link below for more details https://www.dorschools.org/ambassador
Happy Summer everyone! While this has been a very difficult it held many blessings too. We were grateful for each day together and have learned not to take any of it for granted.
May your summer be happy and healthy ~
Mrs. Terri L. Morgan, Principal
Phone: (585) 467-8730
Saint Kateri School Summer Schedule
Summer Hours will begin on Monday, June 28, 2021:
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
School will be closed the last two weeks of July:
- Monday, July 19 - Friday, July 30
Juneteenth Prayer Service
Happy Retirement Mrs. Striffolino!
Want to know more about Cub Scouts?
I promise to do my best,
to do my duty to God and my country,
to help other people,
and to obey the Law of the Pack
Cleaning and Sprucing up the garden
Upcoming Calendar Dates:
- Week of 6/28: Report Cards will be mailed out
- 6/30: Last day for Early Bird registration for Before/After Care
- 7/5: School closed for the holiday
- 7/19-7/30: School Closed to school business
- 8/2: School reopens
- Kindergarten Orientation (TBD)
- Preschool Orientation (TBD)
- First Day of School: September 8th
2021-2022 Saint Kateri School Calendar
School Uniform Information
Parent's Association Membership:
- All SKS families are a part of the SKS Parent Association, just by being a member of our school family
- Involvement in the P.A. benefits all of our families and students and gives us fun ways to meet new people and make new friends.
- The 2021-2022 school year we will be returning to a Parent Co-Leader model. The Co-Leaders will meet regularly with the Principal to create the monthly agenda and follow up on any up coming events.
- We are again asking that each classroom have two Room Parents. Room Parents will work closely with the classroom teacher on classroom needs (i.e. party planning, volunteer opportunities, etc.). They will also work closely with the Parent's Association, attending monthly meetings (or taking turns) and volunteering on an event committee (i.e. Walk-A-Thon, Beginning of the Year School Picnic, Teacher Appreciation Day, etc.).
- More information will be coming out as the summer goes on ~
News from Faith Formation:
VBS Peace Lab: Where children discover God's way of peace!
Through learning how to resolve conflicts and figuring out ways to help others, children will learn how to be peacemakers in this VBS. The stories will lead children on an awesome adventure through the Bible, equipping them to follow Jesus as compassionate peacemakers. Engaging games, creative crafts, worship and prayer - all in a COVID -safe environment!
July 19-23, 2021
9:00 am to Noon
Pre-K 4 to Grade 6
Christ the King Campus
Sacrament Preparation ~ First Communion & Confirmation
Registration for First Reconciliation & First Communion, as well as Confirmation, for the 2021-2022 year is open. Our Diocesan policy is that sacramental preparation and celebration takes place at your home parish, and not with the school. Children in grade 2 and up can prepare to celebrate First Reconciliation and First Communion, and youth in grade 8 and up can begin the two year process to prepare for Confirmation. There are other aspects of the program that all youth complete through the parish for sacramental preparation, including but not limited to Mass attendance and parent sessions.
Please contact Jodi Schott for more information at 338-1146 or Jodi.Schott@dor.org.
2021-2022 Registration is well underway!
YOU ARE OUR BEST ADVERTISEMENT!
- Reach out to family and friends who are looking for a school for their children next year
- Post on your social media accounts
- Share our school posts
- Comment on local Irondequoit groups your recommendations about attending SKS
- Recommend Saint Kateri School as part of a Google review