ACET Portfolio support
Wanganui, 7th July 2014
Rating the workshop
9 participants completed feedback forms, rating the workshop on a scale of 1 (poor) to 4 (excellent). Numbers may not add to 100% due to rounding.
- Facilitators' punctuality: Excellent = 100%
- Facilitators' presentation: Excellent = 89%; Good = 11%
- Materials used: Excellent = 77%; Good = 22%
- Pace of training: Excellent = 77%; Good = 22%
- Variety of activities: Excellent = 55%; Good = 33%
- Usefulness of activities: Excellent = 100%
- Confidence to create your own portfolio: Excellent = 22%; Good = 33%; Average = 33%
- Time allowed to cover content: Excellent = 55%; Good = 22%
"Although I'm still a tad concerned, but I'll work my way through ."
What went well?
- Gave us an idea where to start, content (focus), and what the panel might expect.
- Although I had to leave early I gained a huge amount of knowledge regarding the ACET forms. Thanks.
- Unpacking the criteria, especially with the information being emailed out to us later.
- Sharing of evidence - it clarified it for me and how to back it up with photos and blurb etc.
- Interaction and discussion with colleagues.
- Breakdown of the sections.
- Practical ideas and examples of the kind of evidence needed.
- Excellent visuals!
- Working through the 4 areas on the circle framework.
- Sharing ideas and just being able to talk through things I'm unsure about.
- All - positive and helpful. Well presented.
- Really good presentation. Clarified my understanding of the process.
- This has given me the confidence to "give it a go" and submit a portfolio.
What was particularly useful?
- What to focus on.
- Sharing of evidence - needed more though!
- Feedback from other participants.
- The idea of evidence - how to present the portfolio.
- Working through the framework.
- Evidence of engagement.
- Help understanding the requirements and criteria.
- Section on evidence as to whether it showed/reinforced exemplary practice.
- Feedback from others.
Did you find the module fitted your needs?
- It gave me further information that I can share with colleagues in the future if approached in my NZEI role.
- Yes, it reassured me that I was on the right track.
- Yes, clarified areas.
- Unpacked it well- looking forward to email outlines of the sections.
Did we cover anything you would like more information about?
- A check whether I've got the correct evidence.
- Knowing there is ongoing support.
- As I go through the process of writing my portfolio I will probably want more information no doubt!
- You have offered examples, eg Maths, which made me realise I know what I am doing that I have not thought about presenting.
What could be improved?
- You have offered future support. Thank you. This will be valuable.
- Help with the essays/blurbs (as in the 1-1 sessions you are offering below).
- More time to "do" the portfolio.
Would you like a follow up session before you submit your portfolio?
- Wait and see how I go. I know what direction I am moving in now.
- Yes! Saturday or Sunday is fine.
- Not sure yet?
- Yes please - Sunday.
- Yes, if I decide to go ahead.
- Yes - either Saturday or Sunday is preferred.
Any other comments or suggestions you would like to offer?
- A Principals' information day is a very good idea.
- Thank you.
- Like the venue.
- Thank you for a wonderful presentation and for making yourself available to us. Great food too!
- Great space!