Jimtown Intermediate School
September 2023 Newsletter
- September, 13- Fundraiser Kick-Off: We will be selling cookies, cinnamon rolls and cheesecake again this year. Last year if students sold 15 products they were able to attend Silly Safari. This year we are bringing in the Hoosier Game bus. Students who sell 15 products will be able to visit the game bus during the day! The fundraiser will wrap up on Sept. 27 and product will be delivered the week of November 6th. Expect fliers to come home today!
- Progress Reports: It is hard to believe that we are halfway through the first nine weeks! Progress reports will be emailed to you at the conclusion of the school day on Wednesday, Sept. 13.
- All Pro Dad: Our first All Pro Dad meeting is scheduled for Monday, Sept. 18 and will begin at 5:30. Please pre-register if you are planning on attending this event.
- Picture Retakes: These are taking place on Oct. 3.
- Parent Teacher Conferences: These will be taking place October 18 &19. These two days are on the calendar as Fall Break for our kiddos. Look for more information to be coming home near the beginning of October.
- JIS Fall Festival: Our Fall Festival will be taking place on October 27. We will have food trucks, trick or treating in the hallways, games, and the book fair. Mark your calendars!
- Attendance: Attendance is tracked at the State level, so please make certain that you are making every effort to schedule trips around school breaks. It is important that students be at school as much as possible. In the event that your child does miss a day of school, they may not attend ANY SCHOOL SPONSORED extracurricular events such as performances, practiced, football games, or PTO events. Absences should be reported to the office as soon as possible.
- Last minute changes to buses or car-riders: Please contact the office, 574-294-2158, no later than 2:30 with these changes so that we have time to communicate with the teacher, unless it is an emergency. Teachers don't typically have time to check SeeSaw or email at that time of the day.
- Dress Code: We do have a dress code at JIS and it is detailed in the handbook if you are unsure of the guidelines. If students are wearing clothing that violate the dress code, they will be asked to change.
- Cell Phones: The use of student cell phones during the day is prohibited. If students have phones at school they are to be turned off and out of sight. This includes while they are riding on the bus.