40 Tips Financial Poster
by Kira Yates
Take Charge of Your Life
1. Define your financial goals.
2. Make plans to reach your goals.
3. Take action until your goals become a reality.
The chart below shows a table to achieve saving goals.
To keep organized, try to separate important documents into categories, so you don't get completely overrun in paperwork. Categories could include:
Savings and Investments
Loan and Credit Records
Receipts and Warranties
Protect Your Personal Information
Don't Bounce Checks
- Record every check that you write in a checkbook. That way, you will know how much money you have available at all times.
- Don't trust ATM balances, as they may not have all your funds processed an up to date.
- Compare bank statements to yours to ensure that each are accurate.
- Keep all records safe and notify your bank if you suspect that your checking account is unsafe.
Use Loans as a Last Resort
Take Time now to Prepare for Your Career
Set Ground Rules Regarding Money
Create a Budget and Stick to it
Some tips when creating a budget:
- Include EVERYTHING, or else it will not be accurate
- Stick to your budget, there is no point in making one if you don't abide by it.
Build Good Credit
Compare the Cost of an Apartment with a Dorm
The table below shows a contrast between dorm life and apartment life:
Make School Your Fist Job
One more thing to keep in mind: if you are going to get a job, go to your financial aid office and ask if that will interfere with your financial aid package.