Helping our students with the puzzle
I hope you all had a wonderful break!
We only have 10 weeks left until the end of the year. As the weather gets nicer there is a tendency to break from structure and routine. I encourage you to NOT break from this structure and routine but to maintain it whenever possible. There will be many events that happen between now and the end of the school year that will be changes. Let's maintain structure whenever we can.
If you are an ESP staff and have not completed your survey from the last Monday Morning Memo please do so, if you want input into where you want to be working next year. I will be looking at these results with Daphne and work coordinators. There may be interviews to determine placement in certain positions.
I also want to Congratulate two of our SEAs - Hillis and Jeremiah have all been selected to be in the Special Education Teacher Residency Program next year. In addition, we have two retirements at the end of the year- Jackie Paul and Steve Boggie. There will most likely be additional changes too. We want to wish them well as they move into the next phase of their careers/lives.
With all of these changes occurring, we will have openings next school year and I want to encourage you to let strong candidates know they might want to apply for these openings.
The Session Agenda-
- Short presentation framing the need/task of designing the historical interpretation for the new building
- Discussion about the “Burma Shave” sign that was saved
- Gathering input from the community
- Minneapolis Adult Education South Campus, 2225 E. Lake St., Minneapolis
Save the Date: Summer Institutes, Conferences and Intensives
The following dates have been identified for summer institutes, conferences, and intensives. More information about participants, expectations, and related information will be shared soon.
- Language and Literacy Conferences (June 20-22, August 1-3)
- Mental Health Intensives (June 23)
- Racial Equity Institute (June 29th and 30th)
- Leadership Institute: ILT and PSWE (August 8- 9)
- New Licensed Staff Orientation (August 16-17)
May 4 Job Fair for TPlus
Please mark your calendars. There will be a Job Fair at nearby Phelps Park (39th & Chicago Ave) for Transition Plus students on Thursday, May 4th.
The Job Fair is being organized expressly for Transition Plus students by the Mpls CTIC group and will run from 10 -1 pm. A few charter schools are also expected to attend the Job Fair.