Monday Morning Memo: ECMS
Week #25 February 8- February 12
Words of Inspiration...
TEACH, LEARN, and be GREAT this week!
5- Day Forecast
- Leadership meeting at 9:30am in the Principal's Conference room
- EC Expert Session at 4:00pm : Topic: Creating and scoring assessments using Google classroom and Flubaroo- Facilitator- Mr. Schettini
- B'ball Tournament begins
- Small Group recommendations due to Ms. Matthews-Curtis
Tuesday, February 9
- 7th-grade tour of CEC (7th and 8th-grades switch schedules on this day)
- Attendance Meeting at 1:00pm in the Principal's Conference Room
- Posting window closes at 11:59pm
Wednesday, February 10
- Principals' meeting at 9:00am at Central Office
- Faculty meeting at 4:00pm in the cafeteria
Thursday, February 11
- Meeting with Paraprofessionals at 8:30am in the Principal's Conference Room
- Dr. Jackson at the University of West GA at 2:00pm
Friday, February 12
- Happy Friday!
- Progress Report issued in homeroom
Enjoy your well deserved week off !
To Do List/Reminders
- Small Group Recommendations due to Ms. Matthews-Curtis on Monday, February 8th.
- Optional: Sign up for the EC Expert Session scheduled for Monday, February 8th.
- Posting window for ECMS closes at 11:59pm on February 9th.
- Black History Door Decorating Contest- Theme: A Foundation of a Proud American
- Start thinking about the Virtual Milestones Video to upload to our website for your subject area. What MUST they know to be successful on the Milestones in your subject area? This is a great time to use the Green Screen in the Media Center. Get your students involved. Due date is March 1st.
- Begin collaboration with your content partner about take home Milestones practice resources for students. Examples include but are not limited to websites, packets, workbooks, GADOE Milestones study guides, and online review sites.
TEACHING and LEARNING at ECMS...
"Musical" is one of the multiple intelligences... Take a look at Ms. Harper's students as they use music to learn about the different economies in the world.
Ms. Eimer used the instructional strategy "role playing" to teach her students the three branches of government.
Mr. Schettini putting technology in the hands of students by having them create a Powtoon presentation on Hydrology.
Teachers of the ELA Department called a department meeting to discuss writing rubrics and to redeliver information learned at a recent workshop. #EC Pride
You Just Can't Hide that Indian Pride!
Thank you to Ms. Davidson and Ms. Paine, SGA sponsors, for planning a wonderfully themed dance for our students (and our teachers).
The best Guidance Counselors in Coweta County. I hope you had a great appreciation week!
Some of you remember the former ECMS student highlighted in the video below in crisis while here at ECMS. Check her out today as a soon to be graduate of Georgia State University. For all of us, she is a reminder that students' circumstances today are not a blueprint for their future. A quality EDUCATION truly change lives.
Milestones Resource Page: https://www.smore.com/p9ez4 (thanks Jessica Slaton)
Georgia Milestones Achievement Level Descriptors:
Study resources from the GADOE: http://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Assessment/Pages/EOG-Study-Resource-Guides.aspx
General Information about Milestones Testing this year: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1JQ1xiuZ6pD9bi9VC_7mRBMhVhkhn5KczMwFOlpai3IY/edit#slide=id.p4