The British Bulldog
Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill
Who He Was
- Coming from a wealthy and powerful family of aristocrats, Churchill was born ready for his role as a statesman, politician, and prime minister of the United Kingdom.
- Churchill was Britain's leader during World War II.
- To the public, his unwavering resolve to be victorious was a solid foundation during a time of bloody conflict.
- With other Allied leaders, he worked to develop a cohesive war strategy and fighting force.
- He was known for his skill in public speaking, and many of his quotes are still repeated today.