High School Helps
Navigating the Online High School
UTVA High School Students and Learning Coaches
Student Training videos found at this website
High School Orientation Videos
Students and Learning Coach Training Video: How to Find Assignment Due Dates & Grades
Hot Topics from K12
- HOT TOPIC VIDEO: For the High School Student: Checking Your Grades
- HOT TOPIC VIDEO: For the High School Student: Taking Your Classes
- HOT TOPIC VIDEO: For the High School Student: Dropbox
- HOT TOPIC VIDEO: For the High School Student: Planning Your Day
- HOT TOPIC VIDEO: For the High School Parent: Checking Your Student's Progress
Computer and Technology Skills
Ever want to learn about all the online tools that you might find on your computer? Well, here's your chance!Learn more about the helpful tools that may be on your computer. Join Lori Lovelady, CAVA parent and Microsoft Office Certified Trainer to learn how to use Open Office Suite tools, Microsoft Office tools, and Google Docs.
Office 365 Download
Need to convert a PDF to a Word document?
The K12 Online High School Learning Experience
Learn how to use the Online High School Learning Experience in order to maximize your time, organize your work, and set up for success. Hit the ground running on your first day of school.
Click HERE to view a recent workshop recording
Supporting Your Online High School Student
Click to Join
High School Lifeline
Every new parent has questions that they wish they could ask an experienced K12 parent. Lifeline is your opportunity to do just that.
Do you have a question about working with your student, using the curriculum, setting up your school space, time management, using the Online School or High School platform, student motivation, or just getting through your day? Log in and talk to a real parent who is there just for you! You're not alone! If we don't have the answer, we can help you find out where to look!
This is not a workshop or presentation. This is drop in question/answer space staffed by an experienced K12 parent.
High School Learning Coach Checklist
· Night before- Go over class connect times with student and assignments due the next day.
· Am - Watch student log in. Check LC kmail.
· Noon- Check in with student. Ask details about the morning classes and assignments.
· PM- Review with student what was accomplished. Log into LC OLS > Click on courses > View as student (icon with two people side by side)
· Log Attendance daily.
UTVA High School Q&A Lifeline
UTVA High School Expectations
High School Daily Planner
Learning Coach University
Learning Coach University gives training to the Learning Coach. These recordings will help you feel confident in your role. You can find the recordings here:
When you have finished the required recordings and surveys please send me a kmail with Graduate in the subject line and I will kmail your Learning Coach Expert certificate.
I appreciate your time and dedication to success at UTVA. Thanks for all you do as the Learning Coach!