San Miguel Bulletin
Instructional Focus-Academic Discourse ELL Students
Routines Continued Week 2....
1. Call on students using random opportunities, ensuring that the students are held accountable by listening.
2. Limit hand raising- this is predictable and more than often, an ineffective way to illicit information or check for understanding.
3. Students must respond in complete sentences at all times. Providing sentence frames visually or verbally will ensure that students have the structures in place to meet your expectations.
4. When speaking in class, encourage your academic discourse by using sentence frames as referred to in previous bulletins. Keeps posters up for reference if needed. Students engaging in conversations need the sentence frames for reference, respectfully agreeing, disagreeing and citing evidence from text. You have been given the resources, please put them to use.
1/18/16 Monday MLK Day- No School
7:30 CV Meeting
CoTA Meeting with Teachers Day
8:00-10:00 SST 1/2 Day
8:30 SST EM
9:00 SST AL
9:30 SST HH
10:00 SST FR
Ballet (8:30-10:30) Cafeteria
3:30 Curriculum Meeting
Collaboration- Rotation A
8:00:00- 9:15 2nd
9:20- 10:35 3rd
1. What will we report on Report Cards as a grade level team?
What data will distinguish between an AC, LP, SP, M for each standard?
Bring with you...
Writing Samples and Rubric
2. 2nd Grade will debrief the LC Visit as well
3. Next Reading Assignment will be given Wednesday.
Study Sync Training- 6th Grade Teachers- 2 subs needed (Sally has reserved them)
2:30-3:45 Staff Meeting
Grade Level Planning in ILT Members' Classroom
Pink Inspect Preparation
-Print Pink Inspect -Teacher's Edition
-Review Inspect Test Questions
-Common Student Response Errors Preplanning
-Plan for Free Response Preparations ofStudents
1/21 Thursday -
2:20 Afterschool Intervention
2:30 Fast Forward Phone Conference
3:30 Management Team Meeting
5:30 SES Tutoring Contract signing Night for Parents
CLC Day wit hDr. Burke
8:45 Lesson Observation
2:20 504 Meeting
Upcoming January Dates
3:00 Calendar Committee Meeting
Emily Wiggin's Birthday
Teacher Effectiveness- LGSD
Collaboration Day -PLC Rotation B
3:30 LCAP Meeting at DO
Don Porcella 4:00-6:00, The Parsonage Museum
TOSA Art Meeting
Assessments and Pacing Guide
Data Due in Computer Tuesday, 16th 4:00 pm (15th is a Holiday)
Hard Copy of Data due to Heidi 4:00 pm in Mailbox
Data Collection and Analysis -Staff Meeting February 17th 2:30-4:00 pm
Music Selections available on the V drive under 1 San Miguel Music Listening
Music Listening Year Two, Week 17
Edvard Greig-Norwegian Composer
See Two Links
"March of the Dwarfs" from Lyric Suite, Opus 54
Daily Music Listening should be listed clearly in your weekly lesson plans, which should be out and readily accessible for viewing at any time.
If you have any questions or needs, or request a sample lesson models, please email Edna.
2nd Step should be listed clearly in your weekly lesson plans, which should be out and readily accessible for viewing at any time.
We are professionals and need to come to work each day, dressed like professionals.
Please refrain from wearing workout clothes to work, unless it is a specific occasion, perhaps Field Day. If in question about your dress, please see me.
Other items to consider:
Length of skirt, long shorts or dress
Ensuring mid-drift is covered even when raising arms or dancing
Thank you for your consideration.
Circulate San Diego- Board Presentation Tuesday Night
BIA Support -Mr. Mohamed
In class, 1-1 Language Development Support
Small Group Math Discussions- Siting Evidence