Spring 2021 Testing
Tests & Test Dates
- End-of-Grade (EOG)- Students in grades 3-8 will take a reading EOG and a math EOG. Students in grade 5 & 8 will also take a science EOG.
- End-of-Course (EOC)- Students taking high school Biology, English II, Math 1, and Math 3, as well as students who deferred taking this exam in December.
- CTE Post-Assessment- Students currently taking Principles of Business and Finance as well as students who deferred taking their Apparel exam in December.
- NCExtend1- Students in grades 3-8 and grade 10 in the Adaptive program.
Our school's testing window is May 26-28, June 1-4, and June 7-9, although available dates will vary depending on site. At the bottom of the email you received, you will see the test(s) you're assigned to take, as well as the date, time, and location.
- All staff, students, and parents/guardians will be required to wear a cloth face covering when at the testing site.
- All staff and students must complete a health screening before being admitted into the building.
- Implementing social-distancing (including six-foot increment floor markings and student spacing in testing rooms).
- Hand sanitizer to be used at sign-in and in all testing rooms.
- Reduced number of high-touch surfaces.
- Thorough cleaning of high-touch surfaces between each use.
For a complete list of DHHS COVID-safety requirements for schools, please check out the StrongSchoolsNC: Public Health Toolkit K-12.
We are aware of misinformation circulating that testing has been waived again this year due to COVID-19. That is incorrect. North Carolina has been given permission from the US Department of Education to not penalize schools for poor test scores, but schools are still required to test as many students as possible.
Additional Information For All Tests
- Arrival Time- Plan to arrive at the site for check-in 15-30 minutes before your test's scheduled start time.
- Parent ID- The person bringing the student to testing must have photo ID. Students will NOT be released without parental ID.
- Health/Release Form- Due to COVID precautions, checking students in will take longer than in previous years. Please help us shorten this process by completing the Health/Release form online prior to test day. Please put 7/1/2021 on the form as the end date for your Approved Adults, so you don't have to redo the form if your child's test gets rescheduled. You may resubmit the form at any time to update your information. Subsequent submissions of the form will override any previous form submissions, so it is important to complete the form in its entirety each time an update is needed. Go to bit.ly/ncvahealthreleaseform to access and submit this form. Note: The form must be filled out at least two business days prior to your test in order to be processed in time.
- Test Length- Test times below are an approximate.
EOGs: 2 hours
EOCs: 2-3.5 hours
CTEs: 1 hour
NCExtend1: 0.5 hours
- Water- All students are strongly encouraged to bring their own bottle of water, in case they get thirsty during testing. Sites with water fountains have turned them off due to COVID-19.
- During Testing- In an effort to provide a quiet testing environment, adequate space for testers, and reduce the risk of transmitting COVID-19, parents will sign their student(s) in then wait off-site or in their vehicle.
- Rescheduling- If you must reschedule your test date/time or if you are absent from your test, there is no guarantee we will be able to accommodate you at your original site.
- Failure to Participate- The NCVA Board of Directors has decided to enforce its policy that any student who misses one or more in-person test may be administratively withdrawn from the school.
- Other Details- Your Site Lead will be emailing you soon with more information specific to your site.
ACTION ITEMS for All Tests
- RSVP- return to the email you received from email@example.com. At the bottom, click the "Click here to RSVP" link and enter your rsvp status by 5:00pm on Friday, April 30th.
- Health/Release form- submit the Health/Release form by 5:00pm on Friday, April 30th. More information and a link to the form can be found in the "Additional Information for All Tests" section above.