Tech It Out! 12/7/15
This Week: Discovery Education
Enhance Teaching. Empower Learning.
Lincoln Tech Updates
- You can now email your students through PowerTeacher Gradebook! See Jason's newsletter for more details.
- Reminder: It's very helpful if student names are not written on work that is displayed in the halls or shared with the public. It's a great "teachable moment" to have students put names on the back of work or only use their first name & last initial. In today's digital world, that's a great habit for students to pick up in general. Pictures/projects that are displayed on the Lincoln website and Twitter cannot show student names for privacy reasons.
There are several great options for creating online quizzes, and one of them is Google Forms. Flubaroo is an add-on that makes grading Form quizzes a breeze! Never heard of it? Here is an overview to get you started.
Here are some great "how to" articles to do even more with Flubaroo:
- How to share grades via Google Drive (grades can also be emailed to students!)
- How to allow multiple correct answers
- Flubaroo Help Center (for even more great tips!)
Looking for other online assessment options? Check out my Resources page!
District Subscription: Discovery Education
- Don't have an account? Create one on the Discovery Education Website!
- You will need Lincoln's school code, which is available under "District Online Subscriptions" on the Staff Portal.
I am coming around to teams to share the great features and resources available through Discovery Education. See you soon!
- ALL learning is Twitter-worthy! Send me pictures or invite me in!
- Have your students created projects we can showcase on the Commons TV? Send it my way!
- Want to learn more about integrating technology in the classroom? Let's schedule a meeting!
- Planning an upcoming lesson you'd like help with? I'm happy to co-plan and co-teach!