Why Use Infographics?
Storytelling With Infographics
13 Reasons Why Your Brain Craves Infographics
Cats: 18 Interesting and Funny Cat Facts You Didn't Know
What is this Infographic telling you?
How do you create an Infographic?
Step 1 - What is your Story?
Think about what you are trying to say. What story do you want to tell. What information do you want your reader to walk away knowing.
Step Two - What Kind of Infographic would best display your information?
- Statistical -- numbers and graphs
- Timeline -- shows information over time
- Process -- flow chart of how something works
- Informational -- summarizes a topic
- Geographical -- displays data with a location map
- Compare/Contrast -- illustrates similarities and differences
- Research based -- like the statistical but based on research
- Word cloud -- shows association between words
- Hierarchical -- chart with levels
What are these infographics telling you?
Step 3 -- Get the information you need for your story
Decide on the information you need and arrange it in a way that tells a story. Drawing out a template helps you organize your thoughts.