Little School...Big Dreams....Cultivating Hope
Mission of Roosevelt: Encourage Optimism • Inspire Purpose • Empower Belonging • Grow Pride, Self-Esteem, & Self-Confidence
Inside Scoop from Skeen
Dear Roosevelt Families,
Thank you for helping make this a very smooth start to the 2015-2016 school year. Communication is key to a successful home/school partnership, so I wanted to make you aware of some of the ways you can expect us to communicate with you this year. During each month, you will receive a newsletter like this one via email that contains school-wide information and events, that will allow your family to stay current on school news items and make plans to attend events that are scheduled for the upcoming month. Please make sure we have your correct email on file, as we are moving to using email as a communication tool this year.
We are always available to answer any questions you may have by emailing a staff member or calling the school. Making sure you feel informed is one of our top priorities. Thank you for the opportunity to work with your children each day.
Last week we had our first C.A.R.E. assembly to announce grade level winners who were "Bears that C.A.R.E."--the students selected will receive a special edition Roosevelt t-shirt. Continue to talk to your child/children about our C.A.R.E. expectations at home--they are doing a great job and it is because of you!! We also gave out our first golden tray award for the class with outstanding behavior in the cafeteria--congratulations to our 3-5 Lifeskills class--they will have a special treat next week.
We are so thankful for your support for our school and your student! Thank you for all you do at home to make sure our students are successful--it takes a village to raise a child and we are so grateful to partner with you!
Proud to be a Roosevelt Bear!
- Breakfast line opens @7:20 a.m. and breakfast grab and go starts 7:50 a.m.
- Students got to class @8:05 a.m.
- Please have your child go to the front doors, if he/she arrives after 8 a.m.
- The tardy bell rings at 8:15 a.m.
- Please be courteous of others before or after school. If you need to exit your car to walk your student(s) to and from the building, please either park in a parking space or at the church.
- Dismissal--Kindergarten @ 3:05--1st-5th @ 3:15
- As a parent, you have eight parent notes to excuse your child from school. All other absences will be unexcused unless there is a doctor’s note.
1:1 Chromebooks for 4th & 5th Grade Students
- Prior to receiving a device all required paperwork and fees must be paid--please update your information in Parent Portal and your InfoSnap paperwork online. (If you need hard copies--we have them in the front office.)
- Financial Assistance for fees is available by request to the office
- Students may be a day user if parents send a written request--all paperwork must be signed and fees paid prior to receiving the device even as a day user
- If you have questions, please seek out your child's teacher or the office for assistance