NTO - Start Of School Reminders
#1 - Setting Up Category Weights
- This must be done EVERY YEAR.
- The categories of Major, Non-Major and Homework will be available to use, but the weights need to be set.
- Weights need to EQUAL 100.
#2 - Linking Course Sections
- This MUST be done BEFORE any ASSIGNMENTS HAVE BEEN CREATED.
- Once assignments have been created, the system cannot differentiate between them.
- Link any course sections at the very beginning to avoid system errors.
#3 - Naming Assignments
- Assignment names MUST BE UNIQUE.
- You CAN copy assignments, if you plan to give the same assignment to multiple sections.
#4 - Conduct and Comments
- If Conduct and Comments are NOT entered before POSTING and FINALIZING, there will be no conduct or comments on the report card.
- KG and Pre-K DO NOT use the gradebook and conduct.
#5 - Posting vs. Finalizing
- Grades DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY POST.
- Posting is taking your grades from assignments in your gradebook, and "posting" them to the Progress Report or Report Card.
- Finalizing is like you digital signature that you have looked over the Progress Report or Report Card grades and they are accurate.
#6 - The Learning Center
- Frontline's built in help center.
- Contains hundreds of helpful guides and answers that can be text searched.
#7 - TMS Knowledge Base
- We have a Knowledge Base on the District Website, with links to Smores to help with many instructional questions.
- Select TEAMS STUDENT for our Student based TEAMS questions!