Park Crest Panther Paper
August 16, 2020
To view this newsletter in languages other than English, please open the document in an internet browser and scroll to the bottom of the page to the “Translate” button.
Para ver este boletín en otro lenguaje que no sea Ingles, por favor abre este mensaje en una página de internet. Baje hasta el fin de la página y oprima el botón “Translate”
Để xem bản tin này bằng các ngôn ngữ ngoài tiếng Anh, vui lòng mở tài liệu trong internet và kéo xuống cuối trang để nhấn nút dịch.
First Week of School Recap and Moving Forward
During this time of virtual learning students do not need to be in uniform but students need to be:
- Dressed - shirts and bottoms (pants/shorts/skirts)
- Sitting up - not laying down in bed.
- No blankets over their heads - we need to see their beautiful faces.
- Not eating - they have lots of time to grab snacks and lunch during asynchronous learning time AND a built in lunch/recess time.
- Enter the Google Meet with mics muted to help teachers if lessons have already started.
Our teachers reported out that they have made contact with every student this past week and only about 20-25 students at Park Crest are still needing devices or hotspots. If you are one of those families please know we are working as fast as we can to get them to you!
Please don't hesitate to reach out to me, Ms. Kleckner, principal, or your child's teacher if you need anything, we are here for you!!
Specials for the next 3 weeks...
Here is how Specials will work the next three weeks.
- The students can log into specials at any time to complete their assignments
- The schedule below shows when specials teachers will be live in Google Meet during their designated Specials Time.
- The link and password information is on each special teachers Canvas page for students to see.
Google Meet during designated specials time
Week 2- Starting Aug 17
Week 3 & 4
Back to School Forms
Every year, back-to-school forms ask families to verify or update contact information, select notification preferences, agree to guidelines on acceptable use of technology, etc.
Back-to-School forms for the 2020-21 school year will be available online in Skyward on July 13. Please make plans to complete these important forms before the start of school so staff have the most up-to-date information for your student.
Important: No printed forms will be distributed this year. The entire process will be completed online in skyward. Please call the school if you need help logging in to skyward.
Students have the opportunity to check out library books even while learning at home. Read more in Mrs. Nethaway's newsletter!