January 15, 2021
Happy New Year!
Focus on Mrs. Salomon's Class
A Message From the Superintendent - This information was sent home in an email to all families
In order to keep our buildings and classrooms safe and open, it is critical that we continue to be diligent in our efforts to avoid the spread of COVID-19. As we prepare to make this transition, I would like to share some information with you:
• If your child has symptoms of, or has been near a person with COVID-19, please do not send them to school. You should follow all CDC protocols for quarantines and isolation
• Whether your child is a virtual learner or a brick and mortar student, please continue to report all COVID-19 exposures and positive cases of COVID-19 to your building attendance line. You can also call the district COVID Hotline at (440)283-4401 to report any cases of COVID or to have your questions answered. The district is continuing to work with the Lake County General Health District to monitor the incidence of COVID in our schools and in the community.
• The USDA has continued the nationwide meal program which means that all Willoughby-Eastlake students will continue to receive a free lunch and breakfast each day.
• Willoughby-Eastlake will continue to send home meal packets each Friday with students who are in the buildings. For all other students, meal distribution will continue during the week from North and South High Schools.
- School hours are from 8:45am - 2:45pm. Students will not be allowed in the building before 8:20 am. There is no supervision before 8:20 am.
- Transportation will remain the same as far as pick up and drop off times.
- Medication needs to be returned to school by an adult. Please stop up to the office to drop it off as soon as possible.
- Students will be going out to recess everyday unless the temperature goes below 20 degrees. Please have your child dress appropriately for the winter weather by wearing coats, hats, gloves and boots daily.
- The PTO will hold a virtual meeting on Tuesday, January 19th at 6:00 pm. Please join with the following link. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81021596251?pwd=bS94OGJkT2NaaGViL1lnVmR0enMvZz09
USDA Lunch Program
- There is no need to apply
- Breakfast: Covers entree, 2 fruit sides, and milk
- Lunch: Covers entree, up to 3 fruit and veggie sides, and milk.