First Week of School Edition
Dear Grange Hall Families,
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! We loved seeing our bulldog families on Thursday and can't wait to welcome our students on Tuesday, September 3. Please take a moment to read through this bulletin for important information regarding the first week of school.
School begins on Tuesday, September 3rd at 8:30 AM and ends at 3:00 PM.
First Day of School:
- Student drop-off begins at 8:10. Please remember, we encourage your child to ride the bus on the first day so that the bus driver can meet each child at his/her regular bus stop; this causes less confusion in the afternoon for students, teachers and bus drivers.
- If you plan to walk your child to class on the first day of school, you must sign into Raptor in the main office first. Be sure to have your ID handy just in case we need to add you to our system.
- Cafeteria: We love when you join us for lunch, but the cafeteria will be closed to visitors the first two weeks of school as we will use this time to teach lunchroom expectations to our students.
- Kindergarten students with last names beginning with A-L attend school on September 3rd and 4th during the first week. Students with the last names beginning with letters M-Z will attend school on September 5th and 6th during the first week. All kindergartners will come to school on September 9th.
- Please use this link to find information about how to use the CCPS E-Link to find your child’s bus information, as well as bus numbers: http://mychesterfieldschools.com/transportation/
- Please complete this google form GHES Transportation by Monday, Sept. 2.
- Please be sure that your child knows his/her PM bus number prior to the first day of school.
Traffic Pattern for Parent drop-off:
When turning into the GHES school grounds, please bear to the right when passing the main parking lot and continue down the road around the back of the building. GHES staff will be located behind the trailers to monitor students as they exit the vehicle and direct them to the correct entrance. Cars should proceed straight around the building to Hull St. Please be patient and cautious as our buses will also be entering/exiting the bus loop during this time. The earliest time that a student may enter the building is 8:10 am. Thank you.
Traffic Pattern for Parent pick-up:
When turning into the GHES school grounds, please bear to the right when passing the main parking lot and continue down the road around the back of the building. Drive towards the cafeteria, park your car, and bring your ID into the cafeteria to sign your student out. The earliest a student will be picked up from the cafeteria is 3:00 pm.
Can we volunteer at Grange Hall?
Yes, we LOVE our volunteers. This year, every volunteer must complete the online form with CCPS prior to volunteering at Grange Hall. Please take a moment to complete this form if you did not complete one last school year:
Medical Management Plans
- Please bring your child's Medical Management Plans to the Grange Hall office by August 30th.
- Beginning August 27, our clinic will be open to accept medication from 8:30 - 3:00. Please be patient if you bring your medication to the clinic during K orientation & supply drop-off due to the high volume of traffic.
Don't forget to tune into Facebook Live tomorrow night for a bedtime story at 7pm.
Denim Drive 2019
We need your denim! 2019 Denim Drive has started!
Bring your gently used denim (any style, any size/pants/skirts/shirts/shorts/jackets) to GHES and place in the boxes outside the school by the office.
The Chesterfield County school that collects the most pieces/items will win $1,000 for their school's PTA. All items will then go to Goodwill.
Together, we can put Grange Hall in first place!
Calendar of Events
Tuesday, September 3
- First Day of School - Grades 1-5
- Kindergarten staggered start date:
- Session 1: K students with last names starting with A-L - Sept. 3 & 4
Thursday, September 5
- Session 2: K students with last names starting with M-Z - Sept. 5 & 6
Thursday, September 19
- Back-to-School Bulldog Blast - grades K-5
Start With Hello Week - September 23 - 27, 2019
Tune in on Facebook on our Grange Hall Elementary page as Mrs. Jones reads a bedtime story at 7pm the night before school starts!