Your home for MHS news & events. Volume 12
We have almost made it to Thanksgiving Break. Thank you for your diligence and hard work. This week will be fast and furious. Please make sure you take time over the Thanksgiving break to rest and NOT think about school. You have earned it.
The McKinney High School
Did you know...
McKinney High School received its charter for the National Honor Society on August 5, 1952. Nine members were inducted into the prestigious society. The charter remains in good standing, and qualified students are inducted each year based on leadership, scholarship, service and character.
- 11/17 Fire Drill
- 11/17 NHS Induction Ceremony @ 6:30 p.m. (Auditorium)
- 11/17 Boys Bball vs. Frisco @ 7:30 p.m. (Home)
- 11/17 Swim/Dive vs. Tyler Lee @ 5:00 p.m. (Home)
- 11/19-21 Girls Bball vs. Allen Hoopfest Tourn. (Away)
- 11/19-21 Boys Bball vs. Pasadena Tourn. (Away)
- 11/19 Wresting vs. Frisco Liberty/R.L. Turner @ 6:30 p.m. (Away)
- 11/20 Swim/Dive vs. 6A TISCA Prelims @ 7:00 a.m. (Away)
- 11/20 Wrestling vs. Arlington Martin @ 4:00 p.m. (Away)
- 11/23-11/27 No School Thanksgiving Break
- 12/17 PTO Teacher Christmas Luncheon
Nuts & Bolts Reminders...
- Announcements need to be submitted using the following Google link by 7:30 a.m. on the day of the announcement.http://tinyurl.com/pujrp5m
- Make sure students are using a MHS hall pass. If you lost yours, let Monica in the front office know.
Helping our Students in Need
MHS Students doing great things
- Congratulations to Alex Pardis (Sophomore Cellist) and Sai Sai Ding (Freshmen Cellist) for being named All State in Orchestra.
- Congratulations to Claire Embry (University of South Florida) and Abigail McFarlane (Carson Newman University) for signing letters of intent to play volleyball next year.
- Congratulations to Jason Addington for winning the First Annual McKinney's Got Talent show on Friday with his amazing beat box skills.
Art needs your help!
An new but familiar face.
Thought of the week
"You Don't Have to Like It, You Just Have to Do It"
Sometimes you just need to put your head down, grit your teeth and run into the fray.