VCR Lesson 3 Presentation
Fill in each blank with the most appropriate word.
n. a large group or collection of people, animals, or things.
- (v.) to bring together; collect into one sum, mass, or body
- (adj.) total; combined
- (n.) a sum; mass; gross or total amount
aggregation (n.):- Biology: a group of organisms of the same or different species living closely together but less integrated than a society.
- Geology: consisting of a mixture of minerals separable by mechanical means
- Botany: formed of florets collected in a dense cluster but not cohering
4. a(n) aggregation of flamingos
Find the letter of the sentence in which the word in bold-face type is used incorrectly.
b.) The aggregate of flying monkeys surrounding Dorothy frightened her so much she almost forgot the importance of her quest.
c.) Mandy disagreed with the aggregation of the dishes on the table; the layout did not match what she had learned in her table-setting classes.
d.) I was worried that the aggregate companies would not work as productively as they did as individual units.