Think Different #14
Resources for the Week of January 30, 2017
Check out this Kansas Principal-Paul Erickson
Check out his Lead Visibly blog at visibleleadership.wordpress.com.
Tired of emoji's on your phone try iMessage Stickers
And another great one is Bitmoji, it is an iPhone only app, but works on the iPad. Lots of possibilities for the classroom too. FREE and they add new one all the time.
Quick Google Forms time savers for teachers
If you haven't embraced using Google forms yet, I encourage you to give it a go. I think you will be surprised.This week on his blog is a great article with lots of how-to and ideas about using Google Forms in the classroom. He even provides editable templates for you to use. Talk about time-saving!! Thanks Matt
Resources, posts, & tools that you might enjoy
- Biteable - Make animation online in minutes, very simple video maker. FREE
- CommonLit - Collection of high-quality fiction and nonfiction for grades 5-12 on a variety of topics, with guided reading questions, assessments, discussion questions, paired texts, related media, text to speech, and more. FREE
- Epic - High-quality books for children ages 12 and under, including thousands of read-to-me, audio books, and educational videos, free for elementary teachers, librarians, and students. Also an iPad app. Mostly Free
- Preparing Kids for Computer-Based Testing - Lots of tech skills resources to prepare students to take standard test using technology.
- Toontastic 3D - Storytelling tool in 3D for Android, iOS, and some Chromebooks. Also an app.
- Build Your Own Green Screen Kits - Low cost, do it yourself options (via
- How to Password Protect Google Forms - Control access for quizzes and activities using google forms.
- Google Earth Walks - Problem solving for math, science & social studies.
- They Loved Your G.P.A. Then They Saw Your Tweets - Digital footprint suggestions for students from the New York Times.
- Spacehopper - Play this Google Maps game to identify locations around the world.
- Would You Rather? - Great math website for real-world math decisions for students
- AnyoneCanView - Chrome extension to help you share documents quicker and better
Special thanks to SPARCC Lines for this list of excellent resources.