K-12 Students Celebrating National Poetry Month in April
Details about participating in Poetry Idol
A wonderful FREE opportunity is now available for live two-way interactive connections for schools across the country to celebrate National Poetry Month! Via GenNET ITV equipment in cooperation with TWICE (Two Way Interactive Connections in Education).
- Kindergarten thru 12th grade classrooms will be able to connect with another classroom in the United States and share what they have written as a class, in pairs, or small groups!
- Registration Open: March 16 - 24, 2016
- Teachers emailed partner connections: March 29 - 30, 2016
- Connections Made: April 27 - 29, 2016
For more information and details be sure to click below to access and download a teacher packet explaining all the details of how to prepare for POETRY IDOL!
NOTE: Those who sign up to participate and matched have committed to the event. Unless an extenuating circumstance occurs, it is very difficult finding a replacement partner for connections at the last minute.
Teacher information packet the GenNET ITV, two-way interactive "Poetry Idol" Project.
Quick Details about Poetry Idol:
- Students will write their own poem(s) or select favorite poetry to perform and share. They are only limited by their imaginations!
- On connection day, students share what they have written with their partner class.
- When connected with a partner-class, students share what they have written with their partner class.
- After each presentation, students at the partnered school "rate" their favorites, share what they really liked about the poem(s) and what the poem meant to them.
- At the conclusion of the presentation, partner schools will announce who will be the next "Poetry Idol" at the school they have been partnered with for the event!