September 20, 2016
Brought to you by the Shepard Elementary PTA
From our Principal
We are off to such a great start to this school year. We are looking forward to sharing your child's academic progress at the Fall Parent/Teacher Conferences in October.
During the first few weeks of school we have been focused on routines and procedures. We practice how to walk in the halls, how to walk into lunch and then we reward and reinforce.
I want to share a few reminders with you about our routines and procedures during arrival and dismissal. We need your help. We want to make sure that each and every student has a positive start and end to their day. We value you and your partnership.
* The school opens at 7:00 am and students are allowed to go to the cafeteria for breakfast or the gym.
* We need to keep the entry way clear, so we are asking that parents do not wait on the benches for the doors to open at 7:30. Your children can go to the gym or cafeteria.
* If your child is absent, please call the child safe line and don't forget to send a note within 3 days.
* We know this time of year has great weather, but the district does have policies about allowing dogs on school property. This is a protection for the students and the animals. We are asking that you do not bring dogs on leashes to the child pickup area.
* We work hard to teach our students responsibility and we expect that they take the responsibility for packing up at the end of the day. We ask that if your child forgets their homework you do not bring them back up to school. You can send the teacher a note and let them know. We will talk to them the next day and reinforce our expectations. Sometimes the best actions are natural consequences.
As always, we appreciate your support!
Tricia Lancaster, Principal, Shepard Elementary, 469-752-3110
THIS THURSDAY - Sock Hop and Ice Cream Social!
Please Join us Thursday, September 22 from 6:00-7:30 pm for Shepard PTA’s annual Sock Hop and Ice Cream Social! Read more...
Wear you poodle skirt and saddle shoes and dance the night away to the best hits the DJ can play!
- Free ice cream
- Pizza, chips and water for purchase (cash only)
- And a photo booth to capture the memories!
Due to roof construction the Sock Hop will be held in the front of the school (west side).
Thursday is also Picture Day! Parents, think carefully if you want your child's school picture in a poodle skirt, rolled-up jeans and the like, or if you'd prefer s/he change into Sock Hop attire after school!
Earthsavers - Register your child to "Go Green"
Shepard Elementary PTA is proud to sponsor the 2016-2017 Earthsavers Program. This program is open to Kindergarten through 5th grade students who want to learn more about the earth and how to be responsible citizens of our environment.
Boxtops = Mo' Money
Box Tops will be collected until Friday, October 21. The grade that brings in the most Box Tops, wins a Popcorn Party!
This is a huge fundraiser for PTA, and the funds always go back to the kids! Thank you. Contact Julie Sluder at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Join our PTA by October 31 for a chance to win a Shepard T-shirt
Join our PTA by October 31 for a chance to win a Shepard T-shirt. Three random member names will be chosen.
What does the PTA do? Even if you don't have the time to volunteer, your PTA registration fee helps pay for programs, events, field trips and a ton of other things that benefit OUR kids at Shepard.
If you have the time to volunteer, we are thrilled to have you and can help you find the right volunteer opportunity that suits your schedule. Go to Shepardpta.org and click on the Volunteers tab at the top and log in.
Be sure if you are planning to volunteer at school that you have completed your PISD Background Check and Volunteer application.
Update your information in the Parent/Student Directory!
The directory is only available to PTA members, so join today!
Smile! It's Easy.
When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you'll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Shepard Elementary.
Login to Amazon via this link https://smile.amazon.com
And then choose PTA Texas Congress 7434 Shepard Elementary PTA
Donate to Shepard's STREAM Lab
We have made amazing strides to provide students with many hands on learning activities and opportunities but there is so much more we'd like to do! Please consider donating to help us reach our goals of providing Shepard Students nothing but the best in STREAM education.
Adopt a Chair
As a school, we would love for a family or group to make a donation to “adopt a chair” for the STREAM lab. The cost for the chair is $150.00, but families can group together or donate a partial chair. We will gladly accept any help with this transformation.
Please email me or call 469-752-3110 for details. We will proudly display your name in our library as supporters of the Shepard STREAM lab.
21 4th Grade Field Trip
22 Picture Day
22 SBIC Meeting
22 Sock Hop 6:00 pm
6 Earthsavers (3rd - 5th )
10 Student holiday / Parent-Teacher conferences
10 STREAM Week begins
10 Bookfair begins
13 Earthsavers (K - 2nd)
13 STREAM Night 6:00 pm
20 Adventure Landing 5:30 pm
23 Red Ribbon Week begins
31 PTA Membership shirt raffle
31 Pumpkin Day (1st-only) 8:15 am