UPDATES * NEWS * CELEBRATIONS
SENIOR COLLEGE CHECKLIST
Are you having a hard time keeping everything organized? You've submitted your applications, now what? Take a minute to look over this great SENIOR CHECKLIST! Here you'll see a month-by-month checklist to prepare you for college.
Join the classroom to get important updates, scholarships, and information about college from Mrs. Bishton! Use the code vqjlhwh to join!
Winthrop Application FREE!
- SAVE MONEY: Your students won't have to pay the application fee!
- GET AN EARLY DECISION: Your students will get their decision on
December 1, our first Decision Day!
After November 1, the application will cost $50 and students will be notified of their decision in February 2021. This is a great opportunity for your students! They can apply online at apply.winthrop.edu/apply.
Alpha Kappa Alpha #CAP
Hubble 30th Anniversary Lecture
Sweet Briar is honored to welcome NASA engineer Russell L. Werneth as we celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Hubble Space Telescope!
Join us for a virtual lecture on the Hubble Space Telescope by Russell L. Werneth, NASA Goddard’s Educational and Public Outreach Engineer for the Hubble Space Telescope and Astrophysics.
Attendance is free, but advanced registration is required. Please register here by Monday, Nov. 9, 2020. A link to the livestream will be provided to guests after registration. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
SEE WHY SC IS JUST RIGHT FOR AEROSPACE
A STRONG AEROSPACE PRESENCE
- South Carolina is home to over 400 private aerospace firms and 4 military bases.
- South Carolina ranked #3 in export sales of aircraft, spacecraft, and parts thereof in 2019 with a total of $12.42 Billion.
A ROBUST ECONOMIC IMPACT
- The aerospace industry adds $14.13 billion to the state’s GDP.
- $28.8 billion in total economic impact of Aerospace in SC.
A READY WORKFORCE
- SC has more than 136,000 aerospace employees.
- $81,114 in annual total employee compensation for aerospace employees in SC in salary and benefits.
- For every 1 aerospace job, 2.7 additional jobs are created.
A COMPETITIVE BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
- 70 million tons of freight move through SC each year thanks to our extensive rail service, including 2 Class 1 railroads.
- South Carolina accounted for 9.1% of the total US market share for the export sales of aircraft, spacecraft, etc.
- The estimated increase in tax revenue from SC Aerospace in 2019 was $734,575,385
Learn more at SC Aerospace!
THE FAFSA OPENED OCTOBER 1.
$1,000 Scholarship for students who are being raised by a single dad. All GPAs a + Majors are considered.
Scholarship program that recognizes students based exclusively on community service/volunteer hours.
One of the largest need-based college scholarship programs for students who have overcome adversity or overcome great obstacles.
$1000 Scholarship for African American Women, Must have a 3.0, Class of 2021 only
$1000 scholarship for African American or Hispanic students, Must be in Class of 2021, Min GPA is 2.5.
Scholarship for high school seniors, min. GPA of 2.5, planning to attend college in the fall.
Scholarship for high school seniors, min. 2.5 GPA, Plan to attend Midland Tech in the fall, Must plan to major in business or a construction-related major