Weekly News & Notes - February 4th - 8th
Upcoming Events . . .
January 24th - February 5th:
February 1st - 14th:
February 4th -8th:
- 5th grade & Kindergarten - Personal Safety Lessons
February 5th - 7th:
- Lafferty Test Drive for Education - 9:00 AM - 7:30 PM
- Home & School Spirit Night - Warrington Chick-fil-A - 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- PSSA Writing Field Test - Grades 3, 4 & 5
- 5th grade - Cyber Bulling Presentation - NOVA
- "Sealant Day" - Free Dental Tooth Sealants for Non-Insured Children
- Report Cards Distributed
February 13th - 20th:
- Art Goes to School Presentations K-6
- Valentine's parties @ 2:00
- K-3 Dance - Titus Dining room 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- President's Day - No School
Thank You . . .
Titus would like to extend a Special Thank you to the Titus community for all of their support of Julia Mitchell’s “snack pack” project. This is Titus’ second year working alongside Julia and several sixth-grade friends as they collected, sorted and bagged snacks for the Bucks County Housing Group. All of the “snack packs” went to needy children right here in our community. Through the efforts of our community and the planning of Julia and her friends, Titus Elementary assembled 580 “snack packs.” Way to go!
From left to right: Amelia Huynh, Becca Boyer, Annie Bardy, Victoria Peacock, Brianna Ronn, Tori Cichonski, Laya Madulapally, Jordan Bass, and Julia Mitchell
Titus Pride . . .
Congratulations to the following students who were nominated for January’s Boomerang Award, Service to Others. Young person values service to others, in their family, school or community
- Nishitha Kannan (3rd grade)
- Daniel Dutton (4th grade)
- Kylie Hughes (4th grade)
- Janessa Watson (4th grade)
Daniel’s nomination was entered as Titus’ representative among all the elementary school winners to be reviewed by CB Cares. Congratulations!
Nominations Needed . . .
February Asset #22:
- School Engagement. Young person is actively engaged in educational activities inside and /or outside of school. They take learning a step further and by their actions and enthusiasm serve as a role model to others.
- Nominate a student who exemplifies this month’s asset of school engagement. Include a paragraph explaining why you are nominating the student, and email your nominations to Mrs. Horan by February 15th to firstname.lastname@example.org
Easy Money . . .
On February 5th, 6th & 7th Titus Elementary will partner with Lafferty Chevrolet for the 14th year in the Lafferty Test Drive for Education. Lafferty Chevrolet with make a donation to Titus for every test drive (one driver per household). The money raised will go to fund our Summer Basic Skills Reading Program. Also Lafferty Chevrolet will sponsor special celebrations for those classrooms which produce the most drivers – 1st place will receive a pizza party, 2nd place will receive an ice cream sundae party & 3rd place will watch a movie with popcorn.
Home & School Association
We Didn't Forget . . .
Things to Consider . . .
- February 5th @ Chick-Fil-A in Warrington from 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Maybe grab some waffle fries before heading over to Lafferty Cheverolet . . . just a thought!
- If you really want to help out your child's classroom . . . Shop online for items at hundreds of your favorite stores by logging onto the Box Tops marketplace and your child's class will earn Box Tops for all of your purchases.
Pictures are worth a thousand words: