(Virtual Learner Edition) January 3, 2020
Happy New Year...Changes in 2021!
Carrie Krantz will be joining our staff as a building paraprofessional beginning January 4! We are excited to have her join the Lincoln team! Mrs. Krantz will be helping with Mrs. Peterson's kindergarten class (Miss Aimee will begin to work more full time with our English Language Learners) and will provide support for Miss Becky in the office among other duties. Please welcome Mrs. Krantz when you see her.
Finally, let's start the New Year in style by wearing green/gold and/or Packer clothing tomorrow, Monday. You may also wear a different sports team apparel if it's more to your liking.
Best wishes for a great year 2021!
Yours in partnership,
Mrs. Whooley Jepson, principal
Are you Ready for a fun, little competition?
- Students will be taking the I-Ready Diagnostic this week. PLEASE do NOT help your child! We use the diagnostic to see what your child has for strengths and weaknesses to tailor our teaching to the individual student.
- Students, do your best on the diagnostic! All I-ready lessons after the diagnostic are tailored specifically to your strengths and weaknesses on the diagnostic!
How will Mrs. Jepson help?
- I have put together a friendly competition for the whole school (virtual and in-person students). This week, classes will talk about what they would like to earn as a reward if they win - extra recess? lunch and a game with the principal? board game hour? Students, think of some creative and fun ideas.
- Students who complete 40 minutes of I-ready each week (or more) will earn a point for their team.
- Classes who have 80% of their students passing all their I-Ready lessons with 80% or better for the week will earn 3 bonus points!
- Mrs. Jepson will calculate points each Friday and report out in our weekly newsletter.
- There will be 3 grade level (6 classes!) of winners! 5th graders will be competing against 4th graders. 3rd graders will be competing agains 2nd graders. 1st graders will be competing against kindergarteners. Reminder that this friendly competition is based on time spent on I-Ready and individual progress made...not based on grade level expectations.
- Students will see progress on a bulletin in the main hallway. These points will go towards building a snowperson in the main hallway. Who will have the best decorated snowperson?
Virtual Student Reminders
- Please remember to turn your cameras on and face the camera towards you when you are able. (Imagine being a teacher that is teaching to everyone's ceiling? or worse yet, to an all blank screen with no videos? Teachers need to see faces to know if students are comprehending what is being taught.)
- Mute your microphone unless you are speaking
- If more than one student in your household is doing on-line learning, please use headphones or ear buds so as not to distract your siblings. (We can provide earbuds in the office.)
- Remember to charge your ipad each evening.
- Remember to have all your school materials near you for easy use. (notebooks, pencils, workbooks, ipad charger)
- Find a quiet space in your house to work - preferably not a bed.
- Students, please be on time and listen to your teachers the first time. This shows that you value the time of the teacher and of your classmates who are learning.
- Students - remember that you are the ones learning. Parents, it's ok to let your child struggle a bit. A teacher will let you know if they need your intervention. If students knew everything or HOW to learn everything, then we would be without a job. Parents - go about your day as if your child is in school...no need to constantly be at your child's side.
- Give one another grace. Both teaching and learning in a virtual world can be difficult. We need to be patient with one another.
- Demonstrate great behavior to your peers while on-line.
Attendance - Who Do I Call?
Remember that our virtual day runs from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm Monday thru Thursday only!
No School on Fridays
Health Services Team
Ms. Alexandra Hein - Nurse serving multiple schools
Ms. Sacia Taylor - Health Aide for Lincoln Elementary
Pupil Services Team
Mrs. Karpinsky - Social Worker
Ms. Poncek - School Counselor
Mrs. Reimann - School Psychologist
Encore Teachers - will continue to work with a majority of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th grade virtual students
Ms. Cumberland - Music
Mrs. Duesselmann - Science
Mrs. Gilbertson -- Library
Mrs. Jaglinski - Gifted/Talented
Ms. Lindberg - Art
Mrs. MickBeversdorf (aka Mrs. B) - Phy Ed
Ms. Poncek - Guidance
Regular Education Virtual Teachers
Ms. Tera Mattke - Kindergarten teacher from South Mountain
Ms. Jennifer Ekiss - Kindergarten teacher from Marshall
Mrs. Chris Giebel - 1st grade teacher from Lincoln
Mrs. Yer Thao - 2nd grade teacher from Lincoln
Mrs. Megan Gast - 3rd grade teacher from Lincoln
Ms. Katelynn Neidner - 3rd grade teacher from GD Jones
Mrs. Ashley Zoch - 4th grade teacher from Lincoln
Mrs. Tanya Kramar (with Long Term Sub Mr. Bruce Trueblood) - 5th grade teacher from Lincoln
Special Education Teachers
Mrs. Dahnke - Occupational Therapist
Mrs. Reiche - Speech/Language
Ms. Lehman - multicategorical (works mainly with medically fragile students)
Mr. Nygaard - multicategorical (works mainly with grades 4-5)
Miss Vils - multicategorical (works mainly with grades K-3)
Ms. Xiong - adaptive physical education
Miss Yunk (aka Miss Nicole) - multicategorical (works mainly with students with emotional/behavioral disabilities)
English Learner/Bilingual Teachers
Mrs. DeValk - lead cafeteria
Mrs. Dreikosen - G2M coordinator (all classes are remaining virtual this year)
Mrs. Fortenberry - Special Education
Miss Hardinger (aka Miss Grace) - Special Education
Mrs. Lenz - Title
Ms. Mletzko. (aka Ms. Roxann)- Bilingual
Ms. Taylor - Health room
Mrs. Wirt - Special Education
Ms. Wollenzein (aka Ms. Brea) - Special Education
Mrs. Yang - English Learners
Mr. Xiong - English Learners
Miss Vang (aka Miss Aimee) - EL Para
Mrs. Krantz - building para
Mr. John - night custodian
Ms. Cindy - night custodian
Mr. Jeff- lead custodian
Miss Rebecca Gartmann (aka Miss Becky)
Mrs. Whooley Jepson (aka Mrs. Jepson)