This Week w/ Ms. Werth
Aug. 24th - Sept. 4th, 2015
For Your Information
Math and Science
Our first week in math saw us delve into a review of multiplication processes that students learned in third grade. Accelerated Math began this week as well, and beginning next week students will be expected to master three objectives each week.
Science instruction will begin this coming week.
The Leader In Me
One of the most exciting aspects of this school year is the adoption of The Leader in Me Program here at Blackburn.
"The Leader in Me is FranklinCovey’s whole school transformation process. It teaches 21st century leadership and life skills to students and creates a culture of student empowerment based on the idea that every child can be a leader."
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity please visit the site directly, it can be found here: http://www.theleaderinme.org/what-is-the-leader-in-me/
- Monday, Sept. 7th - Labor Day (No School)
- Tuesday, Sept. 8th - Coupon Card Fundraiser Ends
- Tuesday, Sept. 8th - PDQ Night (5:00-9:00pm)
- Thursday, Sept. 10th - Boy Scout Interest Meeting (6:30pm)
- Tuesday, Sept. 22nd - Progress Reports Go Home
- Thursday, Sept. 24th - Curriculum Night
- Monday, Sept. 28th - Great American Fundraiser Kickoff