Volume 17 Issue 30 - Thursday, March 31, 2022
Important Dates Coming Up
- Friday, April 1-Friday, April 8 - Spring Break, NO SCHOOL
- Monday April 11 - PTO Ballot Nominations Due
- Thursday, April 14 - Kindergarten Open House, 5-7PM
- Saturday, April 16 - SCE Garden Spring Clean- up, 10AM
- Tuesday, April 19 - Kindergarten Field Trip to Conner Prairie
- Sunday, April 24 - Best Buddies Friendship Walk
- Tuesday, April 26 - Best Buddies meeting in Cafe, 8:15-8:35AM
- Friday, April 29 - Scheduled E-Learning Day. No in-person school. Login to Canvas.
- Monday - Friday, May 2 - 6 Spring Book Fair
- Wednesday, May 11 - Fourth Grade Music Program "The Cloud Spinner"
- Monday, May 2 - Friday, May 13 - NWEA Testing Window
- Tuesday, May 17 - SCE Senior Celebration, 8:00-9:15AM
- Friday, May 20 - Last Day of School
Kinder Open House - Tell your friends! Enrollment is now open for ALL NEW STUDENTS TOO!
Have Questions about Enrollment? CLICK HERE
Ready to Enroll? - Follow the 3 Step Process Online: CLICK HERE
To read more about Kindergarten Readiness: CLICK HERE.
Contact our school registrar, Cher McCord at 317-915-4270 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any registration/enrollment questions.
Current HSE/SCE students do not need to enroll for the next school year.
Please check your Skyward account and update your family's information as needed.
Garden Spring Clean-Up is moved to Saturday, April 16
Please contact Miss Coffman email@example.com if you have questions.
Thank you for helping out! 🙂
BEACH BASH FUN! Games, Food, Auction, Prizes and More!
A special shout out to Kona Ice, the NJHS students and adult volunteers! We could not have pulled off the night without you!
SCE Agriculture Day was a fantastic success!
Our students were able to interact, observe and engage in all aspects of agriculture. This annual tradition began in March 2018 with the goal of providing exposure for our students into the wonderful world of agriculture.
We would like to thank the following vendors for sharing their time and knowledge:
Hamilton County Soil & Water
FHS Agriculture and FFA Students
Hamilton County 4H Extension Office
J & J Excavating
Reynolds Farm Equipment
Many thanks to everyone who joined in the fun! We are thrilled to have brought our Ag Day back and are already planning for next year. Make sure and ask your child about something they saw and new facts that they learned!
Fasting During Ramadan
Best Buddies Friendship Walk - Support SCE's Team!
On April 24th, the Indiana Best Buddies Organization is hosting their annual Friendship Walk. We would love to help support our state organization as well as our personal Sand Creek Chapter by raising funds to support Best Buddies and their mission.
Please contact Mallory Hackett or Clarice Nolan with any questions.
All SCE Families, do you want to run in the Geist 5K Fitness Challenge?
Now that SCE Striders is underway, registration is open JUST FOR THE GEIST EVENT.
1. Go to www.geisthalf.com/schools and click on ‘Register Now.’
2. Click on ‘Register HERE for Geist 5k Fitness Challenge.’
3. On the next page, click ‘I have an access code’ located on the right hand side of the page.
4. ACCESS CODE REQUIRED page. Please use the access code: STUDENT
5. Click ‘Validate’ to be taken to the next page.
6. Enter name, address, phone number, emergency contact, t-shirt size, etc.
7. Be sure to enter your team name at the drop down menu!
8. Agree to waiver.
9. Feel free to make a donation to your school!
10. Add billing address and payment.
11. Click ‘Submit.’ You are all set!
Social-Emotional Learning - Week of March 28
Kindergarten: Problem Solving - Ready to Solve Problems
- Students will be able to demonstrate apologizing as a problem-solving strategy.
First Grade: Problem-Solving - How to Say the Problem
- Students will be able to state a problem respectfully.
Second Grade: Problem-Solving - The Way to Say a Problem
- Students will be able to state a problem without blame.
Third Grade: Problem-Solving - STEP by Step
- Students will be able to recall a process they can use to solve problems (STEP).
Fourth Grade: Digital Citizenship - Keeping Games Fun & Friendly
- Students will learn to define “social interaction” and give an example, describe the positives and negatives of social interaction in online games, and will learn to create an online video game cover that includes guidelines for positive social interaction.
Would you like more information on Social Emotional Learning?
Visit the HSE District Sites to read more, or follow the links below:
Have you observed an employee who goes above and beyond their job responsibilities/duties to make a difference? Leave them a RAVE Review. It takes 2 mins to complete but makes a long lasting impact for an educator.
April 11-15 is Week 1 . There may be changes to the menu due to supply chain limitations. Thank you for your understanding.
Click the button to visit the HSE District Online Application for Food Service Positions.
Mudsock Youth Athletics Updates
Boys Volleyball is BACK this Spring!
Due to interest, Mudsock Youth Volleyball will be running sessions for 3rd - 8th graders from April 22nd - May 15th on Friday evenings and Sunday afternoons. Participants can register NOW at myathletics.com. Parents/guardians, thank you for letting us know if you'd like to coach on the online form. Learn everything you need to know, including the format here. We’ll see you on the courts soon! Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the Community Insider page linked below for all the details.