Early Literacy Professional Learning Events
Please connect with your coordinator for any necessary registration codes.
Kick-Off Institute for New ISD Early Literacy Coaches
1. Interact with the Essential Coaching Practices for Elementary Literacy to help launch or refine an effective coaching program
2. Identify common concerns and/or needs when coaching is new to a school or a team and pre-plan for strong collaboration
3. Describe the key ideas underlying the Essential Instructional Practices in Early Literacy, Grades K-3
4. Identify where the Essential instructional Practices in Early Literacy, Grades K-3 stand on some key practices and questions around literacy instruction.
5. Begin to engage in the supports available to you as you set your learning goals in the coaching network
NEW ISD/RESA Early Literacy Coaches and Supervisors
Early Literacy Quarterly Meetings 2023-2024
Location: Zoom & TBD
Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Wednesday, December 6, 2023 (optional day December 7, 2023)
Tuesday, February 6, 2024 (optional day February 7, 2024)
Wednesday, May 8, 2024 (optional day May 9, 2024)
Description of Work:
Participants will be supported to do the following...
- Utilize the Essential Coaching Practices for Elementary Literacy and the Essential Instructional Practices in Early Literacy, K-3 to create clear coaching plans aligned to the existing and newly shared research-supported practices as well as the vision and mission of the Coaching Network.
- Develop coaching skills for helping educators meet the literacy needs of every child in every classroom every day.
- Strengthen relationships with coaches and literacy leaders across the state to effectively collaborate and learn from colleagues.
ISD/RESA Early Literacy Coaches and Supervisors