Heart Disease, the Mass Killer!
By: Chris Harrison
What it is:
5 Ways to Prevent Heart Disease
- Do not get into smoking
- Eat a healthy diet, avoid junk food
- Make sure to exercise
- Try to lose excess weight
- Lower your blood pressure
5 Statistics About Heart Disease in Teens
- One in four adolescents has two or more risk factors for heart disease
- One in five has a blood pressure that is borderline or high
- One in five adolescents is obese
- One in seven is not yet obese, but overweight. If you add obese and overweight that is one in three adolescents
- One in seven adolescents have a LDL level that is borderline or high
Q & A on Heart Disease
Q: ¨What should I do if I see someone collapse possibly from a heart attack?¨
A: If somebody has a heart attack, or if you suspect someone had one, you should immediately call 911. Then begin performing CPR on the patient.
Busted: You are never too young to worry about heart disease. How you treat your body when you are young affects if you get heart disease, and how bad it is if you do get it. It is also proven that people are becoming obese earlier in age now, which leads to heart problems.