North Elementary School- February 11, 2016
Duties for the week of February 15
SPECIAL CLASS: Week 1
BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION/LOUNGE DUTY: Julie Stoehr, Kim Bowden, Karly, Jen
YEE HAWS!!!!! = 23
Calendar of Events
Thursday, February 11
- Elementary Principals' Meeting at 8:00 am at BOE (Barb out)
- Valentine Parties from 2:00-2:45 pm
- PTO Meeting (Barb, Alex, Jessica) at 5:00 pm in the office
Friday, February 12
- No School
Monday, February 15
- No School
Tuesday, February 16
- Blue Ribbon Writing Party at 8:15 am in room 110
- Onsite Technology Visits- grades K-4 on planning times in room 110
- 5th grade fine arts recruitment at the Miller Center- bus picks up at 8:45 am
- IEP (3S) at 3:45 pm in the office
Wednesday, February 17
- ICLE at Dix Road (Barb out)
- Culture and Climate Committee Meeting at 3:15 pm in room 110
Thursday, February 18
- Staff Appreciation at 7:30 am at the Miller Center (Greg Schaefer attending)
- Bugz!- 2nd grade assembly at 9:00 am in the gym - all invited
- Summative Evaluation Meeting (A. Lueckenhoff) at 1:30 pm in the office
- PTO chili supper and basket auction from 5:00-7:00 pm
- Bugz!- 2nd grade play at 7:00 pm in the gym
Friday, February 19
- Math ICLE (Barb out for part of the day)
- Blue Ribbon Writing Papers due to Fariba by 3:00 pm please
Happy February Birthdays to:
- Alternative Party attendance slips should be returned to the office by Thursday, February 11.
- Major Saver Limo Permission Slips are due to the office by Wednesday, February 24.
- Six Flags Read to Succeed ends on Friday, February 26.
- Probationary Teachers should complete self-evaluation and data regarding your professional growth plan by Monday, February 15. All tenured teachers should complete these items by Monday, February 29. (Meeting schedule coming soon.)
- Summer School student enrollment forms due to the office by Friday, April 8.
Student Led Conferences
Special Class Schedule on Thursday, February 11
8:45-9:25- Grade 4
9:25-10:05- Grade 3
10:05-10:45- Grade 1
- Laura and Amy switch recess duty times. (Hoping for good outside weather!) Deidre also has recess duty.
1:10-1:50- Grade 2
*Lunch Shifts remain the same
**Please note time changes- all classes have 40 minutes of special class.
Alternative Valentine Party on February 11
Please send students who are participating in the Alternative Party to the art room at 2:00 on Thursday, February 11. Students will return to the classroom at 2:45 pm to prepare for dismissal.
Early Sign outs from Valentine Parties
On Wednesday afternoon, February 10, we will put a class list in your mailbox. If a parent wishes to sign their child out after the party, they must sign out with you in the classrooms. Please have the parent sign next to the child’s name along with the time that they are leaving. Turn these into the office before you leave on Thursday, please. Students who are signed out early will not be eligible for a brag tag for third quarter. We need to encourage parents who do not want to sign out early to go to the car rider line and follow our normal procedures. I realize that is going to be a “tough” sell- and it probably isn’t something we need to “demand”….just encourage. Thanks for your help.
Onsite Tech Support
PTO Chili Supper and 2nd Grade Play
Thursday, February 18th is the PTO Chili Supper and 2nd grade play. The PTO Chili Supper will be held from 5:00-7:00 pm. Please try to stop by for a little bit and have some chili or volunteer to help for a few minutes- even if you haven’t signed up to help in the lounge. At 7:00 , the 2nd graders will perform “Bugz!” in the gym.
- Weekly entries should be made into Infinite Campus in each subject area.
- Be sure to keep your websites up-to-date!
- I would like copies of all classroom newsletters. These can be sent to me electronically or a paper copy in my mailbox.
- Please continue to use the clip up tickets, Safe, Respectful, and Responsible Compliment cards (or verbal compliments) keeping the 4:1 in mind!
Filter Fridays- Please clean projector filters on Fridays!
QUAD D from Kindergarten
After reading a fiction book titled, Footprints in the Snow, I asked the class this question.
If you were walking in the snow and saw footprints, how would you figure out who made the footprints?
Use a magnifying glass.
Ask my mom or dad.
Look it up on the internet.
Look it up in a book.
Go to the library to find a book.
We probably have enough critters around here that if we had some snow we could kick that into “Quad D” by sending kids out to identify tracks! (Disclaimer: The Rays will only allow a snow which stays on the grassy areas to allow for this classroom activity. Snows on the road impacting school and travel are not allowed.)