Mustang News • June 8, 2022
8th Grade Promotion Edition
Tickets go home Thursday, June 9
Advisory teachers have the tickets to give students. It's OK for students to share unneeded tickets as long as they are the in the same ceremony. The 8:30 tickets are Gray and the 10:00 tickets are Green.
Where to enter the building
Everyone attending the promotion ceremonies need to enter the doors of the Main Gym at the east end of the campus. Tickets will be taken at the door. The front of the building will not be an entrance for promotion. Attendees are encouraged to park in the parking lot at the east end of the campus and in the Nazarene Church parking lot.
We encourage students to dress up if they choose, however, the MMS Dress Code still applies. All outfits must be school appropriate. School administrators may exercise their authority to determine/enforce any clothing that is a major disruption to the school environment.
What to expect during the ceremonies.
- Each ceremony will be about 45 minutes long.
- We will have short speeches, including each advisory teacher who will introduce their class before calling each student by name.
- Mustang Way Awards will also be given.
- After students cross the stage with their certificate, we will be taking their picture in the Commons in our special Promotion photo booth.
- Parents can meet their student in the Commons or outside for more pictures.
- Please be prepared for traffic and parking congestion in between the two ceremonies.
After the ceremonies
After each ceremony, parents may can check their student out if they wish, but we hope students stay at school as we have fun activities planned, including:
- BBQ 8th grade lunch (all 8th graders will have lunch together)
- Mustang Rodeo (field day activities, including time for yearbook signing)
Find your student's advisory teacher's name below to know which ceremony they will be in.
Click HERE for Past Newsletters!
Use the button above to navigate to our website and links to past newsletters. Thank you!
Every Student, Every Class, Every Day!
The Othello School District provides equal access to all programs and services without discrimination based on sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation, including gender expression or identity, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, or use of trained dog, guide or service animal by a person with a disability, and provide equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. For more information, contact Civil Rights Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator: Executive Director of Human Resources, Sandra Villarreal, (509) 488-2659, email@example.com; and 504 Coordinator: Heidi Wagner, (509) 488-2659, firstname.lastname@example.org.