7 Thomas-Allen News
First week done ...
Parent Information Evening - It was lovely to meet you all last week. Just a quick reminder to return the 'Your Child' sheets as soon as possible.
IBMYP Parent Meeting - Tonight. 7:30-9:30pm in the ICOSA Centre. Years 7-10.
Swimming Carnival trials - Monday-Thursday this week at the Immanuel pool, beginning at 7:15am. Everyone is expected to trial for their House.
Camp - Please note: camp notes are now overdue. Please return as soon as possible.
School times - Tutor/Chapel/House begins at 8:25am sharp.
It is fairly important that students have some time in the morning before our day begins to unpack bags, hand up notes/work, check their emails and to prepare their resources for the morning.
Being organised on time prevents students from missing important information from notices shared in class.
Timetables - All students will have their timetable in the back of their school diary. These include room numbers and the names of specialist teachers.
Music times - Students are responsible for checking their individual music tuition times themselves.
It is recommended students check their emails daily and also the board in the Music Centre before school on the day of their tuition as times may vary.
Sports begin in Week 2 - Sport practices are compulsory. Students will be emailed their match details and maps to away venues.
Brain food - Students may eat brain food in my classroom in between breaks as required. Brain food may include:
- apples, pears, berries, carrot sticks, capsicum, cucumber or bananas, etc. NOT foods that are JUICY like oranges, mandarins and some stone fruits.
- dried fruits
- NOT sweets, biscuits, NUTS, or anything that may crumble or leak.
- WATER BOTTLES are allowed on desks at all times and students are encouraged to take them to specialist lessons.
Lunch orders - Please read below.
Please note, emails like this won't occur every week, only as required.
Have a great week,
Term One Topics
Additionally, our Pastoral Care 'Voyage' programme will run from Terms 1-4
Next week is CAMP week!
Please adhere to the list provided and the bag type requested. We will be having time on Wednesday afternoon to:
- Talk about camp
- See how it really is possible to pack the required items into the school bag (demonstration)
It is a good idea to have your child pack their own camp bag as they will need to do this themselves on camp.
- Order your lunch at recess time by lining up, completing an order bag and paying for it.
- Lining up at lunch time and hoping there is still something left.
- Ordering online with FlexiSchools.
FlexiSchools is an online systems I use with my own children at their school.
- Mobile friendly
- Order in advance - orders close 8am on that day
- Daily spend limit can be set if required
- Transaction history
- Allergy alert available
- Meal deals
- Email reminders if your balance drops below the amount you set
- Students must present their student card to pick up their order at the canteen.