Austin High School
Black Bear News -- Jan. 22, 2023
On Monday, Jan. 23 @ 5:30 p.m. we will have our Curriculum Fair in the AHS Cafeteria. There will be teachers from all subject areas available to answer your questions.
Congratulations to our Wrestling team which picked up wins over Decatur and East Limestone on last Thursday and our Boys Basketball team for their two area wins over Bob Jones and James Clemens. The Basketball teams will play their last regular season home game on Tuesday night vs. Bob Jones and travel to Florence on Friday Night. Student tickets for the Bob Jones game will be available in the cafeteria for $3.00 on Tuesday.
As always, if you have a question or a concern please feel free to email me at email@example.com. #PositivityMatters
Have a great day!
Registration for the 2023 - 2024 School Year
Registration for the 23-24 school year will begin on Jan. 23.
The Curriculum Fair will be Jan. 23 @ 5:30 at AHS in the cafeteria.
Teachers from all subject areas including AP/Dual Enrollment will be available to answer questions.
There will also be elective teachers and teachers from the Career Academy of Decatur available to answer questions.
Registration will be done in your students ELA classes on Jan. 24 or 25.
Course Verifications will be sent home with students in mid February. This will outline which classes they are registered for the 2023-24 School year.
Click on the link below to view the Decatur City Schools Curriculum Guide:
Career Academies of Decatur (CAD)
- Here is the link to the 23-24 (CAD) Registration form.
- CAD Teachers will be available at the Curriculum Fair to answer any questions you might have.
- CAD Teachers will also be available on Monday, Jan. 23 during lunch to answer any questions from students.
National Honor Society
Seniors: Please remember to pay for your stole and tassel. Money should be turned into Mrs. Myatt or paid on EPAY with the form turned into Mrs. Myatt.
All current members of NHS are also required to participate in the Spring Service Project. Bins are outside Mrs. Myatt's room A101.
You may donate a stuffed animal or hygiene products for children.
Also, please remember to be completing your service hours.
A field trip to the Decatur-Morgan County Career and Workforce Expo will occur on Tuesday, February 7th 9:00-10:30 am.
The Expo will have regional employers who can provide information about current employment opportunities and your future career goals.
Please print the permission form in your email or see your school counselor for a copy.
The form is due Wednesday, February 1st with the first 40 being able to attend.
Mu Alpha Theta
Mu Alpha Theta officer applications are now available!!
If you would like to fill out an application you can stop by Mrs. A. Williams room A-200 or print off the application from Google Classroom.
All applications are due no later than Wednesday, Feb 1st. NO LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
AHS PROM 2023
Senior Prom Slideshow
- If you have or know someone who has photos of 2023 seniors at school events or participating in school teams/clubs, please email those to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photos must be school appropriate. You may also share a Google Drive with me.
2023 Austin Academic Booster Club College Ready Senior Scholarship Application is due by Friday, March 3, 2023 at 11:59 pm. Email your scholarship application with supporting documentation to email@example.com
AHS Parking Decals
- Reminder that all students who park on AHS campus must have a parking decal.
- You may fill out the attached form or see Mrs. Vizcaya in the main office for information.
- Jan. 24 - Basketball vs. Bob Jones @ Home @ 4:30 p.m.
- Jan. 25 - Wrestling @ Hoover @ 5:00 p.m.
- Jan. 26 - Tennis vs. Decatur Heritage @ Home @3:45 p.m.
- Jan. 26 - Wrestling @ Decatur @ 5:00 p.m.
- Jan. 27 - Basketball @ Florence @ 4:30 p.m.
Click on this link to view all sporting events for the Austin Feeder Pattern