Prairie View Important Updates
A Note From Mr. Ryan
I want to extend a sincere thank you to all of our parents and guardians for helping make the start of the 2021-2022 school year great! It is incredible to have our building full of energetic learners who arrive with joy and excitement each day. Thanks to our paraprofessionals, bus drivers, and parents/guardians, our morning arrival and afternoon dismissal processes improve each day. I appreciate your patience during our first few days of school, as it took a bit longer than we would have liked. Shout out to all of our car riders for doing a great job following the map provided in my previous Smore newsletter. As the year progresses, I promise we will continue to become more efficient. Please note that sometime in the near future, the Sandwich Park District will be having asphalt installed over the top of the gravel drive into Milestone Park, including the short portion of gravel between the Milestone park driveway and the Prairie View parking lot. Once I have a confirmed date for this project, I will communicate an alternative plan for arrival and dismissal. Thank you in advance for your understanding while this improvement project is completed.
Looking ahead to September, there will be a lot happening here at PV!
• Students will be completing their Fall benchmarking assessments using the Fastbridge assessment system. The information gained from these assessments will help our teachers and paraprofessionals identify specific areas of academic need for our young learners.
• This month, we will be completing some of our required safety drills, including a fire drill, bus evacuation drill, disaster drill, and intruder drill. Some of these drills are coordinated with our local police and fire departments. So, if you are ever around school and see emergency vehicles parked out front, please do not be alarmed. This year, Officer Bright will visit each classroom before our intruder drill to talk to students about what will occur. This will help calm any nerves students may be having while at the same time help get their questions answered. We hope that we never experience a real emergency, but if the unforeseen does occur, we will have practiced these drills and know what to do to ensure the safety of our students, faculty, and staff.
• Later this month, your student(s) will be bringing home literature regarding a frozen pizza fundraiser. Last year was our first time working with Luigi's Pizza (of Aurora) for a fundraiser, and we had a lot of positive feedback, so we're giving it another go! You will be able to order both frozen pizza and DIY pumpkin-shaped pizza kits.
• Picture day will be September 21st. As soon as we receive order forms from HR imaging, we will send them home with your student(s). • Homecoming Week Festivities! Homecoming week is September 27th - October 1st. Closer to the end of the month, a flyer will be sent home explaining spirit days.
• Mrs. Martin will be sending home information that will include dates and times for her annual "Bring Your Parent to PE day" Parents, don't forget your water bottles!
Prairie View PPA
PPA Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PVPPA
September 10th- No School
September 17th - 11:10 am Dismissal
September 20th - Fall Fundraiser begins
September 21st - Fall Picture Day
September 28th - 2nd Grades to Hoover