Emerson Cheetah Check-In!
March 4th, 2022
All Families: Minimum Days March 7th-11th (Schedule a Conference Meeting with your Child's Teacher)!
Hello Emerson Families,
I hope you're well. Congratulations to our entire community for an incredible Black Excellence Celebration on Monday! In case you missed it - we have posted the Black Excellence Celebration video on student's Clever page, listed under "Family Resources." Posting it here insures that students have to log into their OUSD accounts to view the video, in order to keep our privacy settings needed.
Principal Recommendation Committee:
- Thank you to all the parents that attended the initial Principal Recommendation Committee! The parents elected the following parents in this meeting: Brandon Dawkins, Peggy Lee, Tree Williams and Sarah Wheeler.
- The staff is currently electing teachers and staff to serve as well, and we'll know next week who these people are.
- Any parents that have questions going forward about this process, please reach out to one of the representatives above, or me.
- Friendly reminder to families to please drop off kids at the proper gate. We want to make sure that all kids get inside safely at the proper drop-off gate.
English Language Proficiency Assessments
- Select Emerson students will be taking the ELPAC (English Language Proficiency Assessments for California) tests starting in February and ending in April.
Reach out to us with questions as always!
The PTA of Emerson Elementary in North Oakland is seeking a gardening instructor to teach gardening and related concepts to students in TK-5th grade, including students with special needs.
Looking Ahead at Emerson
- March 7th-11th: Minimum Days, Parent Teacher Conferences
- March 10th: Emerson PTA Meeting, 6pm
- March 15th: School Site Council Meeting, 5:30pm
- March 23rd: Vaccine Pop-Up Clinic, 1:30-5:30pm
- April 1st: Cesar Chavez Day - No School
- April 4th-8th Spring Break - No School
- April 13th: Vaccine Pop-Up Clinic Part 2, 1:30-5:30pm
- April 19th: School Site Council, 5:30pm
- May 17th: School Site Council, 5:30pm
- May 23rd-May 25th: Minimum Days
- May 24th: 5th Grade Promotion
- May 25th: Last Day of School
We are a relationship-centered school:
students are known, valued and celebrated.
We support all students:
academic and social emotional programs meet students where they are and accelerate them forward.
We are committed to equity:
we eliminate racial, socioeconomic and gender inequities through culturally relevant learning experiences.
We are a learning community:
with a learning stance, we use inquiry and reflection to improve our practice.