Colts Express News
July 8, 2019
- Start Times for 2019-2020: The district has adjusted all elementary schools' start and dismissal times for the upcoming school year. Instruction will begin this year at 7:35 am instead of 7:40 am. Our doors will open at 7:05 am for student arrival. Students will begin being marked tardy at 7:35 am. Dismissal will now begin at 2:20 pm instead of 2:25 pm.
- Building Updates: There has been a lot of work going on SES this summer! Our HVAC system is being replaced as well as our fire safety systems. Parts of our roof are also currently being redone. For more exciting building updates, the district has provided us with a new gym floor as well as a section of artificial turf for one of our playgrounds. The kindergarten playground will get a refresh of mulch prior to the school year beginning as well.
- Kindergarten & New Student Orientation: We will be holding an orientation session for kindergarten and new students as well as parents on Wednesday, August 7, at 6:00 PM. It will begin in our cafeteria where our administration will share important information about the school and the upcoming school year. An opportunity to walk through the building will be available afterwards.
- Farewell Staff: As with the end of each school year, some members of our SES family will begin new adventures. Please join us in wishing these amazing educators all the best on their next adventure: Pam Anderson - OT, Emily Asbell - Kindergarten, Krista Bergman - 2nd Grade, Anne Perrone - School Counselor, and Dwan Rankin - 5th Grade.
- New Staff: We have added several staff members due to projected growth in addition to replacing outgoing staff members. Please help us welcome our new SES family members: Kindergarten - Erin Benson and Mary Lisa Martin, Kindergarten Assistant - Beth Newman, 1st Grade - Hannah Walker, 2nd Grade - Diana Gardin, 3rd Grade - Stacy Wright, 4th Grade - Baili Byrd and Andrea Shrider, 5th Grade - Amanda Foster, Art 2 - Dana Schuster, and School Counselor - JoDarius Seibles.
Upcoming Important Dates
- 8/7: Kindergarten and New Student Orientation
- 8/9: Class assignments will be emailed and made available via Parent Portal
- 8/15: "Meet the Teacher" - Kindergarten in the AM (further information will be emailed) 1st-5th grade will be from 3-5 PM
- 8/19: First Day of School
Springfield Elementary School
Click on the SES button to be redirected to our school website for additional information.