Principal's Corner #29
April 24, 2020
COUGAR STAFF SHOUT OUTS
- Thank you, Melissa, for lightening our mood and keeping us connected with your birthday messages! Your messages are clever, funny, and heartfelt. You are amazing and go above and beyond!
From Lisa Incitti
- To Darren Gaines, Heidi Burris, Kameron Riley, Lisa Gelwick, Erin Wehrle, Alison Berner, Pinki Singh, Angela Lang, Lois Vaughan, Megan Schultz, Susan Stroeher and Tiffany Steinmetz for their thoughtfulness during our 4th and kindergarten interviews. You were intentional and it is clear you are invested in "what is best for kids". Thank you for your time and commitment.
- To Erin Wehrle for knowing exactly what to say at exactly the right time.
- To Patti Rojec for her thoughtfulness. We are lucky to have such a caring and genuine person on our staff - you are a gem!
- To the 2nd grade team for allowing me to process some things aloud with you. I appreciate you listening and brainstorming with me.
- To Darren Dennstedt and Matthew Pedregon for giving me another set of eyes. I appreciate your perspective and support.
From Katie Johnson
- To Glenda Cole, I'm so thankful for your help with contacting interpreters, following up and touching base with our students, and co-planning with me (even during remote learning). I'm not sure what I'd do without you!
- To my 3rd Grade Team, Thank you for ALL you do for me! I appreciate your support, friendship, collaboration, and sense of humor more than you know! I truly would not be able to handle remote learning if it weren't for you all.
- To Heidi Burris, Thank you for always listening and giving me such great advice! I'm so lucky to have you as a friend!
From Brooke Hall
- To many of you, for all of the thoughtful messages of encouragement and appreciation you sent my way this past week. Your words mean a lot to me during this time of change. You're the best!
- To Katie Johnson, for being such a great mentor this year. I came into Cottonwood with a lot to learn, and I appreciate the patience and grace you showed me.
From Alison Berner
Has it been awhile since you gave a SHOUT OUT? It's just a click away.
Staff Preparing and Packing May 11th and 12th
- This is not a time for socializing. Social distancing must be strictly adhered to.
- We will not have many boxes available, so please bring your own bins/boxes/carriers to organize and/or transport your materials.
- Masks and gloves will be available, but if you have your own at home, I encourage you to bring them with you.
- You will have access to sanitizer and sinks for hand washing.
Priority Number 1: Pack up and label student materials.
We will be sending out a survey to our community next week. Families will be given the option to pick up materials on May 13th, our distribution day (more info to come), OR to donate/recycle. We will give you class lists with this information Friday, May 8th.
- CCSD will provide bags for you to use in packing up the belongings for students
- Labels of student names will need to be securely attached to each bag; we will provide you with printed labels. You will need to stick and staple them to the bags.
- By 3:00 on Tuesday, May 12th, all bags must be clearly marked for each student and lined up alphabetically in the gym. We will have signs in the gym and will help with this process.
- For families who decide we can recycle/reuse items, please either reuse them in your own classroom OR recycle them appropriately.
- For families who do not complete the form, please make an attempt to contact them. If no contact is made, we will prepare their bag for pick up and have it ready for distribution on the 13th.
- Lost and Found: We have a question about this on the form to families. Please do your best to locate items described. Any items not located can be picked up when school resumes.
- If you have personal items that belong to students that are unidentified, please put them in the lost and found.
Priority Number 2: Organize Classrooms
Pack-up personal items, remove personal items, and organize classroom accordance with
principal's directives. These staff members will be a priority for a more in-depth rigorous
check-out process. We will collect technology after the last day of remote learning
(TBD) and progress reports are completed. The end of year
checkout list will be provided on or before May 8th.
Returning TeachersTeachers who are moving classrooms within the building pack up their personal effects
and organize the classroom in accordance with their principal’s directives to move at
a later time. Staff who are not moving rooms organize classroom in accordance with
principal’s directives. Final principal walkthroughs of these rooms will be conducted in
June, and I will communicate with teachers any follow-up questions or concerns that
can’t wait until the workweek
Please know there will be additional times at the end of May and June
for staff to officially check-out.
May 13 - Cottonwood Creek Distribution Day
Thank you in advance.
PD Opportunity: Project Based Learning - June 16-18 online
Virtual Registration: If you are interested in attending this project-based learning training virtually at no cost to participants, please contact Maria Martin to register. They will accept the first 150 registrations through May 1.
SpEd Office Hours with Megan, Lauren and Kori
Thursday from 8:00-9:00
The SPED team is inviting you to join our weekly office hours. Kori, Lauren and Megan will always be in attendance, but if you would like to collaborate with Allison or Jodie, please let us know in advance so they can attend.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 980 9917 5324
2020-21 Planning Committee Meeting
Intervention, ELL: Wuthrich
Please watch the video below to help prepare for class placements.
Literacy Notes from Lois
Information about ending the year in reference to READ plans has been released by our Literacy Coordinators. There is very short Screencastify with steps on how to do this.
To access the Screencastify:
- Schoology Tile
- CCSD Elementary Literacy (if you are not a member, let me know)
- Resources (left side)
- Click on 19-20 READ plan info
- EOY READ plans for remote learning
If you have any questions, please let me know. If you want to walk through this as a team, we can do that as well.
*No decisions have been made yet regarding how long we will have access to the iReady lessons.
*If you are changing grade levels or not returning, please put your IRLA baskets in the book/collaboration room (when it is safe to do so ).