By: Principal Dufrene (Nov. 16th)
Hello Hampshire Trojans,
We miss our HHS Trojans! We will be back to our in-person and virtual learning schedule for this week. The weekly map shows Hampshire County as "Yellow", all staff and students will be wearing required face covering at all times on the bus and in the building.
Students, let's have a strong week getting all assignments completed as we head into a well-deserved Thanksgiving Break! If you are experiencing any technology or internet issues please let your teacher know or contact Mr. Feazell as soon as possible.
We will issue report cards this week from the first nine weeks.
As we head into Thanksgiving Break, I am very thankful for a dedicated staff, a hard working student body, a supportive group of parents, a wonderful board office, and a generous community!
HHS Mission & Belief Statements:
- Mission> We will equip all with 21st Century Skills for a lifetime of success.
- We Believe...
* The faculty and staff are building a culture of success by focusing on 21st Century Skills: Communication, Collaboration, Creativity, Critical-Thinking, and Citizenship.
* Success is the shared responsibility of students, staff, and community.
* All students have the ability to learn given the appropriate academic, social, and emotional resources.
* Our community is an important part of the Hampshire High School family, and we value their communication and collaboration involving the academic and social aspects for our school.
- Congrats to Alex Kile for being selected as the 2020 Girl's State Cross Country Meet MVP by RunWV.com!
- Congrats to Makenzie Park for signing her letter of intent to play Girl's Soccer at Concord University!
- Congrats to Lainee Selan (setter) and Renee Killough (middle hitter) for being selected to the PVC All-Conference Team!
- Congrats to Renee Killough for being selected as the PVC "Player of the Year" and Coach Fuller as the PVC "Coach of the Year" in Girl's Volleyball!
- Attention Seniors...
Hampshire High School
Class of 2021
Order Deadline: 12/20/2020
Click on the images below for more information
to the Class of 2021
This Week @ HHS...
- Monday> "Dress 4 Success"
- Thursday> "Trojan Pride" Day (wear green & white)
- Friday> Blended Learning Day (virtual learning for all)
- Monday, November 23rd through Friday, November 27th> Thanksgiving Break (no school)
Healthy Expectations by Nurse Dante:
Notes from the Nurse:
I want to take a moment to thank parents, staff, and students for the remarkable job they have done with keeping our schools safe. While we have had a member of our transportation team and a student test positive, there have been NO associated cases that have impacted our schools. We should all feel good about this and the job we have done so far.
When we return to in-person learning it will be extra important that parents of our elementary and middle school students, staff, and high school students continue to complete the daily Wellness Screen. This will allow us to continue to identify possible contacts early and follow-up as per our Health Department recommendations/guidance.
As the holidays approach, I am encouraging all of us to please stay vigilant with the recommended Best Health Practices. This includes social distancing, wearing a mask, washing hands often and limiting large gatherings as per current recommendations.
Thank you. I would like to wish everyone a safe and blessed Thanksgiving.
* Any Student who is interested in taking a college class from Potomac State in the Spring needs to reach out to their counselor to get the process started.
A-K -- Mr. Nichols (firstname.lastname@example.org)
L-Z -- Mrs. Anderson (email@example.com)
* Students interested in Shepherd University - Check out the virtual tour at the link below (Scroll to the bottom of page after going to the site)
* Students interested in WVU, watch the video below.
* Those interested in Marshall University, watch the recruitment video below.
Tech Tips by Mr. Feazell: