From the Facilitator's Desk
Important Information and Updates 9-4
A Note from the Facilitator
This Week's Recap
- Grades 4-5 could have started leveling students. If you have students below a level L, please email me their names so that I can assess them.
- Make sure to have a meeting area in your room for Interactive Read Aloud and Minilessons. This helps keep students engaged and focused on you.
- Checkpoints are going well and are aligned to what students are going to be expected to do at the end of the cycle. Kudos to you!
- I have levels for instructional assistant groups. If your team has not given me names of students, please do so as soon as possible. I also need names for connect support.
- Connect Support is slated to start the week of Sept. 14th. Logistics are being worked out. Thanks so much for your patience and thank you connect team for being flexible.
- Teams have looked through TRC books, rubrics, and exemplars and have made adjustments if needed. Please look to make sure you have all pages. Let me know if you do not.
On the Horizon- Next Week 9-8
-Do you have students that you think will need a PEP! Don't wait until the last minute.
-Start thinking about curriculum night. Come up with a plan and make sure to have a power point!
-Look at checkpoint data and discuss reteach and enrichment opportunities.
-BOG3 and Reading 3-D starts next week! Hit the ground running! The window goes by fast!
3rd Grade-Read to Achieve
Read to Achieve
· Portfolio boxes have not been shipped out to schools. NCTOPS is waiting for the budget to be finalized. The 15-16 portfolio will consist of the same passages as last year plus the reading camp passages that were posted on the TNN in June. The instructional passages will be the same as last year. Once the budget is finalized, the portfolio guide will be finalized and the new 15-16 boxes will be shipped.
· Parent Resources:
There is a narrated parent video (references to PEPs have been removed), a sample parent letter, and a parent brochure available to help parents understand Read to Achieve. These resources can be found on the Read to Achieve parent livebinder: http://www.livebinders.com/play/play?id=1326906