5th Grade Newsletter
March 24, 2017
5th Grade STAAR Reminders
Math STAAR – Tuesday, March 28th
Reading STAAR – Wednesday, March 29th
· Plenty of sleep the night before and, don’t forget a delicious, nutritious breakfast!
· Pack a sack lunch and snack. Gum and mints are welcome.
· No devices, including smart watches. If one must be brought to school, it will be safely stored at the front office until the end of the day.
· If you need to contact your child or a teacher, please call the front office.
· Bring a book.
· Send a light jacket or sweater in case they get cold in the room.
· Students who take medicine regularly should take it as usual.
· Also, no parents are allowed past the main doors on STAAR days as testing is in all parts of the building, including rooms off of the front office.
Summer Reading to Prepare for 6th Grade
Upcoming Important Dates
March 29 - Reading STAAR
March 30 - Report cards go home
March 31 - Chess Club
April 11 - Drama Club: Snow White @ 8:30 am & 6:30 pm
April 14 & 17 - No School
Curriculum for the Week of March 27th
Science - Adaptations
Reading - Reading Strategies
Writing - Publish Ecosystems Projects
Social Studies - Great Depression